Night March

Depends on the variant. Typically, it is a very easy matchup, however any extra techs could shift the matchup. I like to consider it 75/25, but you never know

I personally would run a 2/2 Octillery line instead of Shaymin EX, considering Shaymin is the only EX in your deck. While I've never used Shaymin before, I've had plenty of moments with my Dugtrio/Eeveelutions deck where a Lysandre and an opponent's Shaymin EX gave me the win because it gave me an extra prize card. Hawlucha can OHKO Shaymin with a Muscle Band + Stronk Energy + Fighting Stadium because of its ability that negates weakness and resistance, and being more reliant on trainers is just overall better in my opinion. Of course, the Octillery line is nice, but my Night March seems to do well without them; I just run Acro Bikes and more draw supporters. Even though Octillery can't be used on T1, Shaymin to me seems more like a drawback to a deck without EXs.

I personally would run a 2/2 Octillery line instead of Shaymin EX, considering Shaymin is the only EX in your deck. While I've never used Shaymin before, I've had plenty of moments with my Dugtrio/Eeveelutions deck where a Lysandre and an opponent's Shaymin EX gave me the win because it gave me an extra prize card. Hawlucha can OHKO Shaymin with a Muscle Band + Stronk Energy + Fighting Stadium because of its ability that negates weakness and resistance, and being more reliant on trainers is just overall better in my opinion. Of course, the Octillery line is nice, but my Night March seems to do well without them; I just run Acro Bikes and more draw supporters. Even though Octillery can't be used on T1, Shaymin to me seems more like a drawback to a deck without EXs.

Yeah I have tried a Night March / Vespiquen deck both with Octillery and with Shaymin-EX. I found that the Shaymin version seems to have a smoother card flow, often I can draw through most of my deck by turn 2 or 3. Whereas with Octillery, it takes longer to set him up, so I find it slower. So I currently use a deck with 2 Shaymin and 2 AZ, instead of the 2-2 Octillery.

I am trying Night March for the first time pretty much. I get the idea, but I find I still dead draw my first hand a lot. I am trying NM + 2-2 Vespiquen + 4 Unown +1 Shaymin EX.
I have tried 4 Puzzles, it doesn't seem to work too well. . . Having two in hand seems hard to get, thinking of including Skyla just one copy to hunt down a second one when I need it. Having one is kind of useful so I can check what I will draw into with Shaymin or Unown (or if I want to shuffle my deck before I use them). However, it was at the expense of VS Seeker, obviously it's not a good replacement. . . duh.
That's definitely the problem isn't it? VS Seeker is a must have with only 4-5 draw supporters.
What do you think of these cards as Night March-ness?
Bursting Balloon - You know Joltik is going to be revenge killed, that 60 damage could finish off their EX or Mega. Offers more damage than Muscle Band.
Psychic's Third Eye - not so great, would allow you to discard only those pokemon from your hand though, instead of that DCE also.
Brigette? Making sure you don't get donked?

First off, you run way to heavey a vespiquen line. Vespiquen tends to run out of energy, so instead run bronzong phf. This card recycles energy, and only needs to be brought up late game. Therefore, a 1-1 line works great. DON'T use time puzzle, as it is nearly impossible to get two in hand to use it to it's full-potential. Take out 2 unown for some shaymin, and the other two can be substituted for things like trainers mail, or acro bike, mind you you should be running a three-three line of it anyway.

(Also, how does the community feel about the new misty's spirit? It could be great for late game clumps)

Anyone that has tried this deck with Bursting Balloon? I am really curious on how that would work out but can't try it myself right now :(

Misty's is amazing. . . amazing
Better than a Sycamore at times.
Burst Balloon is super good in the mirror, but Fighting Fury Belt has some surprisingly good effects, especially in Expanded. Burst Balloon is super good when you are already attacking, since they have no choice but to KO you or waste their supporter / megaphone.
Psychic's kind of stinks. The perfect discard isn't always there and drawing 1 or 2 cards sucks compared to Sycamore, say.
Gave up on Puzzle, Milotic much better.
Vespiquen and Unown I gave up on too. Replaced with consistency, Milotic.

I've never been able to test this deck against any sort of Manectric-EX variant due to nobody playing it in my area/npt having the cards for it online, how is the match up against that?

I play Manectric EX/ Bats and I've had games where night march has smeared me and games where I've had turn 4 wins by spamming Overrun w/ bat drops.

Not tourney legal yet but in league challenges I've seen people tech Burst Balloon as an anti-NM and Hex Maniac shuts down Milotic/ Bronzong/ Shaymin for a turn of stall. I think Greninja Break is more of a threat than Manectric EX. I've got one made and I've had a lot of turn 2/3 wins because I can snipe 30 and KO a Joltik, and snipe 60 to KO Pumkaboo and then attack to KO another one.

It depends. Manectric/Bats can be hard to beat if you don't run Gallade or Bronzong. Regular Manectric is pretty easy to beat though.

I've never been able to test this deck against any sort of Manectric-EX variant due to nobody playing it in my area/npt having the cards for it online, how is the match up against that?
Night March typically does pretty well against Manectric-EX variants, with Manectric / Bats being an exception. Even then, the matchup is not necessarily unfavorable, it is closer to 50/50. With that said, some NM variants are not playing any Dimension Valley; that would make it a very difficult matchup against Manectric-EX.

What do you think would be better? Night March, NM with Bronzong, NM with Vespiquen, or with both?
NM and NM / Vespiquen are both great plays right now. The better of the two really just depends on the metagame at the time. Bronzong is not the most popular right now, mainly due to the inclusion of Puzzle of Time. With Puzzle of Time, recycling DCE is pretty easy and when your opponent uses an Enhanced Hammer or Xerosic, it's not the end of the world anymore.

What do you think would be better? Night March, NM with Bronzong, NM with Vespiquen, or with both?
I personally run NM with Milotic 44/160 PC, I also run 4x Puzzle of time and 4 DCE, being able to get your DCE back is important. The Bronzong is too slow imo

Edit: I think the Vespiquen is way too slow, you have to lose a lot of trainers to put in the 2-2 line plus some unown so Vespi is actually doing a decent amount of damage.

So 4 for Vespi and 4 for unown? no thanks

How do yo guys feel about focus sash in place of fighting fury belt? Forcing them to hit a 30hp joltik twice sounds nice to me.

I personally run NM with Milotic 44/160 PC, I also run 4x Puzzle of time and 4 DCE, being able to get your DCE back is important. The Bronzong is too slow imo

Edit: I think the Vespiquen is way too slow, you have to lose a lot of trainers to put in the 2-2 line plus some unown so Vespi is actually doing a decent amount of damage.

So 4 for Vespi and 4 for unown? no thanks
Puzzle of Time works in NM? How do they get around all the discarding?
Also... do you think Jirachi XY67 is worth a slot in NM?

Puzzle of Time works in NM? How do they get around all the discarding?
Also... do you think Jirachi XY67 is worth a slot in NM?
If the only energy is 4 DCE, then definitely. Giratina is an autoloss if you do, but Jirachi pushes Tina from a 5/95 matchup to a 45/55 matchup. Since NM has been rampent all weekend, Tina/Toad won masters states down here in Texas. I feel like it would definitely be worth a slot.

Back