• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Night March with Gourgeist (Pumpkaboo / Joltik / Lampent)

Registeel1234

Aspiring Trainer
I do not have a clear idea for the deck, but I would like to get your thought on a deck using the upcoming stadium "Shrine of Memories" With Gourgeist from Phantom Forces.

Pokemon (18):

• 4 Joltik
    4 Lampent
    4 Pumpkaboo
    3 Gourgeist
    2 Celebi EX
    1 Mew EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (31):

• 4 Battle Compressor
    3 Muscle Band
    3 VS Seeker
    1 Professor's Letter
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Roller Skates
    4 Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    4 Shauna
    1 Shrine of Memories
    3 Dimension Valley
Energy (11):

• 4 Double Colorless Energy
    7 Grass Energy

Strategy:

The idea would be to have a Gourgeist with 200 HP using Night march instead of using Mew. It would be harder to kill and would give less prizes.

RE: Night March with Gourgeist

If you're going to run this version of Night March, using Gourgeist as your main attacker, you're going to want to play two copies Celebi EX over any copies of Shrine of Memories. Celebi's "Time Recall" ability allows your evolved Pokémon to use attacks from its previous evolution, so you will still have access to Night March once you evolve.

Dimension Valley is too crucial of a Stadium card to this deck to replace it with something else. Don't underestimate being able to attack for one less energy, because not only does it help you attack quicker, it also allows you to cut down space on energies in your deck so you can play other things.

Definitely make the changes in the above post. Your Supporter line is pretty weak as well. Xerosic simply isn't good, Enhanced Hammer and Startling Megaphone are much better. I don't recommend running them though.

I recommend a build similar to this:

Pokemon (17)
4 Joltik
4 Lampent
4 Pumpkaboo
3 Gourgeist
2 Celebi EX

Trainer (28)
4 Battle Compressor
3 Muscle band
3 Ultra Ball
2 VS Seeker
1 Professor's Letter
1 Startling Megaphone
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
3 N
4 Professor Juniper
4 Dimension Valley

Energy (15)
4 Double Colorless
4 Grass
5 Psychic
2 Lightning

You can fiddle with the Trainers, drop something for an Escape Rope, Dowsing Machine/Computer Search, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Honestly, I think you should still run at least 1 Mew-Ex,
the core of the deck is still strong using Gourgeist, but there is always the off chance all 3/4 are prized, so having the Mew EX just helps.
Also it can let you Night March using Pumpkaboo, AND Joltik.

The deck is fine, but just an option.

Hi Registeel1234,

I like the general idea a lot but not sure whether Shrine of Memories works better than Celebi Ex. I would also reconsider the trainer choices since the deck is still all about fast beatdown. Consider a list similar to this:

Pokemon (17):

• 4 Joltik
    4 Lampent
    4 Pumpkaboo
    3 Gourgeist
    2 Celebi Ex (allows you to use Gourgeist and Valley at the same time)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (32):

• 4 Professor Sycamore (best supporter in format)
    4 N (second best draw supporter in format)
    3 Skyla (search out compressor)
    2 Lysandre
    1 Dowsing Maschine (reuse any trainers)
    1 Professor's Letter (one is sufficient)
    4 Battle Compressor
    3 Ultra Ball (search and discard)
    3 Muscle band
    3 VS seeker (reuse supporters)
    1 Shrine of Memories (backup stadium)
    3 Dimension Valey

Energy (11):

• 4 Double Colorless Energy
    7 Grass energy

Let me know what you think about these modifications. Hope this provided some assistance.

Thanks to all of you for the advices. I will take 2 celebi EX in my deck and take something similar to Dark Espeon's suggestion. However, what do you guys think about removing 1 ultraball for an evosoda? (It would allow me to evolve pumpkaboo if I don't want to discard anything)

Registeel1234 said:
Thanks to all of you for the advices. I will take 2 celebi EX in my deck and take something similar to Dark Espeon's suggestion. However, what do you guys think about removing 1 ultraball for an evosoda? (It would allow me to evolve pumpkaboo if I don't want to discard anything)

I wouldn't drop any Ultra Balls. You want to play 3 or 4 copies so you can search out your Celebi, and they are a great way to strategically get Night Marchers into play or into your discard pile.

In terms of supporters, I would shy away from Skyla. It's a great card to grab an item, but you want to roll through your deck as quickly as possible when playing Night March. Eating up your supporter for a turn with Skyla just stalls you a bit. You want to run Roller Skates and/or Bicycles.

I think you should fit in one Mew EX. So many people use stadiums as a major part of decks (ie. Fairy garden, dimension valley, virbank, fighting stadium steel shelter, shadow circle.) and I don't see Shrine being as good. So I think you should make these changes, remove one Shrine, add three Celebi EX and a dimension valley.

Back