Discussion Night March Variants For Next Season

Emskas

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! I'm wondering how Night March will fare next year with the loss of Mew-EX. I've tried to create new variants of the deck (I. E. Chandalure, Gourgiest) but my most successful variant has actually been running a stock build with 4 revive instead of the Mews. When you play this variant, you need to only attack with Pumpkaboo, and conserve as many as possible. It's a decent deck, and it will get better with the Ancient Origins Vespiquen, but in the meantime it seems that Night March is missing a leader. Are the Gourgeist or Chandalure Varients any good? What variant do you think is the best? Discuss!

Last edited:
I think it will be very good paired with the new vespiqueen and Unowns. But despite it's hype, I don't think it'll be the top deck people suggested it would. Losing so many DCE hurts the deck. It didnt do any good at nationals.

I would like the Gourgeist variant, seeing as it's the Night March variant I play with now, but, with the loss of Celebi, I don't think Gourgeist will be as good. It may be ok with Shrine of Memories, but that replaces your Dimension Valley. The Chandelure variant is just bad. Sorry

I've been doing a bit of testing, and I don't really like Unown in this deck...it seems to have too many cantrips in the deck already (cards which replace themselves) in Trainer's Mail and Acro Bike that Unown doesn't really help much. It's cool you can use revives, but I'd rather just revive Joltik or Pumpkaboo. I've also been toying around with a 2-2 or 3-3 of Milotic PCL/PRC (whatever the abbreviation is), where you just play Feebas down, then go for Milotic, getting your DCE back is excellent, and much faster than Bunnelby from that same set.

Back