Event Night March is the Play in Standard

Micajah

Mewtwo is the best...don't lie to yourself
Hey there. Just got back from a card tournament at a cool little card shop near my place. I used a teched out night march deck. Heres the list:

Pokemon: (19)
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Lampent
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 2 Shayman EX
  • 1 Empoleon
  • 1 Empoleon BREAK
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 M Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Mr. Mime
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (34)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Hex maniac
  • 1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Dimension Valley
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Mewtwo Spirit Link
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Town Map
Energy: (7)
  • 4 DCE
  • 2 Lightning Energy
  • 1 Water Energy
Tournament:

These tournaments are played in 3 swiss best of 3 rounds.

Round 1: (Regice/Golduck Break)

Game 1: I start with shaymin EX and think, "Oh, boy." But I saw a Regice and Psyduck on the other side, and realized that I was extremely favored in this match. After using Sky Return, I was able to night march every turn until I took all six prizes.

Game 2: This game I start Mewtwo and go for the turn 1 going second photon wave. The golduck non-break used derail the next turn and removed the DCE on Mewtwo. I was able to then get out mega mew two plus DCE, and Psychic Infinity until I won.

Round 2: (Yveltal/Darkrai (Darkhead)/Zoroak)

Game 1: Start pumpkaboo, he starts yveltal small. Turn 1 going second I'm only able to night march for 40. But, he takes the knock out on a joltik (simple misplay with lysandre, not realizing pumpkaboo was weak to dark), unable to get another basic, and I finish it w/ Pumpkaboo and a few more night marchers.

Game 2: I really hate starting shaymin. Anyway, he started very aggressive and evil- balled shaymin for 100 turn 2 (Again misplay, could have used Y-cyclone). I immediately use float stone on shaymin, and hit yveltal w/ joltik for only 160. After the OHKO on joltik, I sky return for a knock out on yveltal. The prize trade ultimately favored me. When I went down to two prizes I managed to get the final joltik out of it. After knocking out my 3rd joltik, I retreat shaymin w/ float stone and win with a 200 damage night march.

Round 3: (Gengar/Crobat)

Game 1: Opponent starts zubat I start mewtwo. A few photon waves protect mewtwo from damage from Zubat/golbat/crobat. With dimension valley in play, she manages to take down a few joltik, but, once I get mega mewtwo in play, her hand was totally unplayable, and a few psychic infinities benchs her out.

Game 2: My opponent starts with her gallade tech. Only able to attach and pass, I win with a night march on my first turn.

This decklist sounds really fun to play with. I was wondering though which version of Mr. Mime are you using?

Oh ok, that is the one with Bench Barrier right? I'm not home at the moment so I can't look at my collection right now.

I really like the idea of Mr Mime, definitely a good counter to bats/toads/trev but I don't think the Empoleon line is needed, a Muscle Band does the same thing or a Fighting Fury Belt is even better, makes the Joltik safe against most basics

I'll probably buy a Mr Mime tonight as it's an awesome idea.

Mr.-Mime-97.jpg

I completely agree with LightningCloud, Mr.Mime doesn't really benefit the current format, I would stick with 3 FFB's. I have tried the Empoleon, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like, since discarding it wouldn't benefit until turns later, when I could discard another Night Marcher for possibly a KO between the Archie. Of course, you could get it out T1, then discard NM's a little later. This is a cool list though, I'll have to try that out! I would replace the Mime, and the Empoleon Break with a 1-1 Bronzong, and that already works with Mewtwo and NM, so it would be a win-win.

Night March decks lose against Lucario/Bat pretty drastically. Other than that they're one of the best decks in the format. Yveltal is all you need to worry about as baby Yveltal can favorably trade prizes. Anyways, nice deck. Solid performance. People will be ready for this at States with Bursting Balloons, and Jirachi hurts this pretty bad too.

Night March decks lose against Lucario/Bat pretty drastically. Other than that they're one of the best decks in the format. Yveltal is all you need to worry about as baby Yveltal can favorably trade prizes. Anyways, nice deck. Solid performance. People will be ready for this at States with Bursting Balloons, and Jirachi hurts this pretty bad too.

Night March doesn't lose that bad to Lucario. Pumpkaboo hits it for weakness and has resistance against it.

Back