• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Nidoqueen (teu) firebox (post rotation)

Scumbag Squirtle

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon - 18
* 2 Salazzle UNB 31 (card draw)
* 2 Salandit DRM 13
* 1 Ditto ◇ LOT 154
* 1 Chikorita LOT 5
* 1 Meganium LOT 8 (rare candy on body)
* 1 Vulpix TEU 15
* 1 Ninetales TEU 16 (snipe)
* 4 Nidoran♀ TEU 54
* 1 Nidorina TEU 55
* 4 Nidoqueen TEU 56 (primary attacker and search)

Trainer Cards - 24
* 4 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 3 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 3 Red's Challenge UNB 184
* 3 Welder UNB 189
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Energy Recycler FLI 143
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 2 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188

Energy - 18
* 14 Fire Energy
* 4 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

So I've been eyeing nidoqueen since it came out. I personally think it's one of the best evolution pokemon that isn't a gx. With it's better-than-ball ability, you can always search up the pokemon you need to evolve. And since everything in the list evolves, power lariat is in a good position to do 260 damage often.

Salazzle is a fantastic draw engine. Since we have energy recursion I'm not worried about losing any.

Ninetails is this hidden card I almost forgot about. With Guzma leaving, having a way to force an injured pokemon back out is great. Or better yet, forcing a high retreat, no energy pokemon out in a bind. Might buy the time you need.

Meganium does what it does best.

Since this deck uses energy for everything, we've got ways to fill our hand with it and ways to fill pokemon up on it. Firebox is really good right now but I don't want to play reshizard and I feel like this deck set up benefits from each part.

I'm considering taking meganium out since it can't attack in a bind. Also unsure on trainer ratios and weather or not I should keep mysterious treasure.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of multiple stage 2 lines in a deck because you need so many things to go right to set up in a day and age where basic GXs are so powerful but I see the allure of Meganium and Nidoqueens ability. I would drop the Ninetales line and try to add more consistency to those other lines, def add more Elm's, seeing as how you want to increase your chances of multiple evolution lines. And if you're using the firebox method, you need fiery flint.

I don't necessarily feel fiery flint is the best use of a trainer but I am considering trading out ninetails for magcargo. Might do a 2-2 and get rid of red.

Also unsure on trainer ratios and weather or not I should keep mysterious treasure.

Are you serious? How do you intend consistently and fast to find that Nidoqueen which is the only thing which would allow you to definitely find anything else?

The 4 energy Spinner, pal pad and the red's are useless without doubt (maybe 2 of the 1st might work) I wouldn't use anyone... the same goes for the Meganium line, only one is pretty much useless, especially if you're using only one other 2 stage Pokémon.

Since you're playing fire energies, where is the Heat factory? And talking about energies... why so many? Weird since your only attacker might attack with only one some turns and moreover, when you're playing several trainer cards to find them/recover them (and the ninetales ability isn't enough justification).

I would consider play Bill, at least 2 stadiums, fiery flint, lure ball and, of course, several cards from unified minds (which I assume you don't consider either because there isn't a definitive official list of the set yet or because you want to test immediately this decklist).

Salazzle does what heat factory does as a pokemon
Ninetails discards 2 energies for its ability.

Both required discards of fire energy, hence the amount.

Back