• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Niagara Falls (Or does it? o_0) (Salamence)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
24 Pokemon:
3 - 3 - 2/1 - 1 Salamence LV. X AR (AR/SF)
2 - 2 Delcatty PL
1 - 1 Blaziken FB LV. X
1 - 1 - 1 Nidoqueen RR
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q MD
1 - 1 Mothim MD

23 Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums:
3 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Expert Belt
3 Seeker
3 Broken Time Space
2 Energy Exchanger

13 Energy:
3 Warp Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
2 Rescue Energy
3 Water Energy
3 Fire Energy

Strategy: Get out Salamence and use Top Accelerator with Delcatty and Salamence SF's and Salamence LV. X's attacks to deal consistent high damage. Double Colorless helps power up against lower HP Pokemon (Like SP's), and Rescue keeps the Salamences out of your Discard. If I have two Top Accelerators, it is viable to use Salamence SF's attack, but otherwise I'll try to just use the LV. X's attack. Double Fall makes for quick prizes, and using Super Scoop Up, Seeker, and Warp Energy I try to use it as often as possible while keeping Salamences alive, and using Rescue Energy even more. Shoot through can be used to kill two Pokemon if their bench is damaged (For instance, if a Pokemon you hit hard retreated, then the active one has less than 60 HP while the benched has less than 30 HP), and take 4 Prizes from Double Fall. Nidoqueen helps Salamences with Expert Belts (Or without) survive (Especially against Garchomp C LV. X) and Delcattys from being target by Gengars and Garchomps. Blaziken is a small space-taking tech against Steelix and Dialga G LV. X, since I already run Fire Energy. Mothim helps against Gengar.

Rogue deck 2 of week 9! 2\9

I built a kid at my league a deck similar to this....only i use Abomasnow SF/Slowking HGSS. Idea is to start out with Abomasnow, and Snow Play till you die. Then set up Salamence/Slowking and use Second Sight to make sure you can Top Accelerator something useful, then Shoot Through till you could possibly take 3 prizes at once with Double Fall.

I realize the spread of Abomasnow isn't the best in this format, but I'm unsure of what to replace it with that would do better AND be able to use the energy types already in the deck(Fire/Water).

Lol. Delcatty does what Slowking does but better (At least later on), and the rest is too slow IMO.

Also, Double Fall says, "For each," meaning that shoot through could get you 4 prizes.

^No way. Slowking can also mess your opponent up, which makes him automatically better. Plus, with Delcatty, you need a discard engine, so maybe Ninetales would be a better move there.

As far as Double Fall goes, I'm aware you take an extra prize card for EACH kill, but it's unrealistic to expect any more than 3 prize cards for a single Double Fall unless you have a better way to hit the bench than Shoot Through. A measly 20 damage won't stack up very well. Plus once your opponent realizes what you're doing, they'll likely either Seeker it up, or make it active and start swinging away with it, meaning you'll have to start your bench damage all over again.

P.S. Shoot Through COULD get you 6 prizes, provided you're facing a legend. Use Shoot Through, killing the active w/ Expert belt for 3 prizes, then do 20 to a benched legend and get 2 for killing the legend, and another extra for Double Fall! Unlikely, but awesome fun if you can pull it off.

It's equally unfair to expect Expert Belt in my opinion. Also, Delcatty is used after using Salamence SF's attack or Salamence LV. X's attack. That's our discard engine right there, but I'll consider a Blissey or similar to speed up attaching.

Back