Collecting News regarding Play! Pokémon Prize pack series

RainbowRichards

retired Pokemon Professor
Hello fellow PBers! I'm looking for sources that cite the Play! Pokémon prize pack series - especially anything which states (ideally from an authentic source) how many they plan to produce. I'm trying to equate this prize series with the POP Series 1 - 9 packs from the early 2000s.

This is basically a research project - all help appreciated!

Cheers,
RR

It's an ongoing thing. They aren't advertising any sort of "end date" for them. Roughly every six months, we'll get a new Prize Pack Series "set."

Found the following at the page https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-u...28-Play-Store-Kit-Guidance-and-Best-Practices :

Prize Packs:

Every three months, you’ll receive an allocation of Pokémon Prize Packs to support in-store play. A new series of Prize Packs is released every six months. Official release dates are February 14 and August 14; packs from new series should not be distributed before these dates.

You may distribute Prize Packs in the way you think is best, but we recommend focusing on ways to motivate your players to regularly participate in League sessions. Below are some ideas for Prize Pack distribution:

• Attending consecutive League sessions
  • Prizes for League Challenges and/or Cups, once these events resume
  • Bringing a new player to a League session
  • Prizes for in-store pickup tournaments
  • Anything you think will keep your players coming back for more Pokémon fun!
Prize Packs Series 1Released late 2022
Prize Packs Series 2Released February 14, 2023
Prize Packs Series 3Releases August 14, 2023
Prize Packs Series 4Releases February 14, 2024
Prize Packs Series 5Releases August 14, 2024
Remember: Pokémon Prize Packs are not to be sold in store or online—they are provided to you free of charge to support Play! Pokémon activities in your store. Leagues that sell promotional materials may face penalties, loss of future material (including Prereleases), or closure.

So two new prize pack series each year - until when???

As I said before... until they decide to stop producing them. They haven't told us when they'll stop making regular set packs, either, likely because they have no plan to stop any time soon.

Back