New Victini Promo in 'CoroCoro Ichiban!'

The drawing of Victini on that card is stunningly adorable. If it comes to the USA, I'm definitely getting it into my collection. (Other than the Mythical Pokémon Collection full-art Victini promo, that is.)

Why did TPCi make that victini so unplayable? Discarding all energies just for 60 damage? Hell no, but if it's first attack were an ability it would've been a great supporter pokemon. They are mocking my favorite pokemon in this card though

Why did TPCi make that victini so unplayable? Discarding all energies just for 60 damage? Hell no, but if it's first attack were an ability it would've been a great supporter pokemon. They are mocking my favorite pokemon in this card though

Because not enough people have made it clear we don't want unique promo cards in terms of effect, just art (or even art treatment, like Cracked Ice Holos instead of normal). Since this card is a promo, they are most likely trying to intentionally make it under perform to avoid so that people who don't get that magazine aren't stuck paying a lot to get it. While no where near as bad a Tropical Beach, even magazine promos can command a high price on the secondary market if they are any good.

Like I said, I'd rather they just made promos special releases of already available cards so that isn't a problem.

Eh, I'd say it's decent. Probably what I'd expect from Victini...
Anyways, is that card a joke? Huddle up some energy and then completely lose it? I mean, come on!
But thank gosh it's easy to retreat.

THAT IS AMAZING IF COMBINED WITH VOLCANION EX. Think blacksmith his needed energy, and then use volcanions ability once or twice, and you got a non-EX that can do at max 200.

It could be useful with the new volcanions, even if N/Judge exist in the format.

THAT IS AMAZING IF COMBINED WITH VOLCANION EX. Think blacksmith his needed energy, and then use volcanions ability once or twice, and you got a non-EX that can do at max 200.

Can you explain why? I don't understand. Volcanion's ability discards from the hand, and it's ability doesn't count for energy discarded via victini's attack, does it?

Can you explain why? I don't understand. Volcanion's ability discards from the hand, and it's ability doesn't count for energy discarded via victini's attack, does it?

Victini's first attack puts three energy in your hand, you attach, use abilities, and attack.

Victini's first attack puts three energy in your hand, you attach, use abilities, and attack.
Victini's attack is so weak for the two energy discards, though. Especially after spending an attack to get the energy. This seems really impractical. Wouldn't it be better to use a trainer to draw out energy and use a better fire type to attack? I dunno, I'm just new-ish to the game and trying to wrap my head around why this is good...

Victini's attack is so weak for the two energy discards, though. Especially after spending an attack to get the energy. This seems really impractical. Wouldn't it be better to use a trainer to draw out energy and use a better fire type to attack? I dunno, I'm just new-ish to the game and trying to wrap my head around why this is good...

Some are just overly optimistic or playing devil's advocate, I think: Victini isn't a good card, it just isn't completely useless or bland, just mostly. ;)

Back