New Ultra Necrozma Promo, TCG Prizes at Edion Stores in Japan

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand why Ultra Necrozma's attack cost is metal/psychic. It is not even a metal type. I guess becuause it is a dragon type card, it is following the classic dragon type card attack cost of requiring different energies. But, since it is an ultra beast, the attack cost can be satisfied with beast ring and beast energy, but still a pain to fulfill the energy cost. I rather play Ultra Necrozma GX.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand why Ultra Necrozma's attack cost is metal/psychic. It is not even a metal type. I guess becuause it is a dragon type card, it is following the classic dragon type card attack cost of requiring different energies. But, since it is an ultra beast, the attack cost can be satisfied with beast ring and beast energy, but still a pain to fulfill the energy cost. I rather play Ultra Necrozma GX.
Part of it probably has to do with the fact that Ultra Necrozma can come from DW or DM Necrozma with the use of the necrozma specific z-move (at least in the games that's how it works), hence Ultra Necrozma could have came from a metal or psychic type pokemon if my logic makes sense.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I don't understand why Ultra Necrozma's attack cost is metal/psychic. It is not even a metal type. I guess becuause it is a dragon type card, it is following the classic dragon type card attack cost of requiring different energies.
I'm sure its a reference to Necrozma's other forms: Dusk Mane (a Metal-Type card) and Dawn Wings (a Psychic-Type card). Probably meant to be used in a deck centered around them.

Last edited:

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This card's value is in trading with a collector at the next TCG meeting ... for an Espeon GX.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
We got baby Dusk Mane. We got baby Dawn Wings. Heck, we even got the baby Ultra just now. Where's the baby version of regular Necrozma?

The lore should be something like this: If the total of both players' remaining Prize cards is 6 or less, discard all Energy from this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 100 more damage.

What do you mean by baby Dusk Mane, baby Ultra, etc.?? Baby Pokemon haven't existed since gen 4 !!!

If you are referring to multiple cards of the same Pokemon, refer to them as "regular" or "non-GX" versions.
Because "baby" sounds misleading, don't you think?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
What do you mean by baby Dusk Mane, baby Ultra, etc.?? Baby Pokemon haven't existed since gen 4 !!!

If you are referring to multiple cards of the same Pokemon, refer to them as "regular" or "non-GX" versions.
Because "baby" sounds misleading, don't you think?
Baby versions of a Pokemon refer to a non EX/GX version of that Pokemon. It's a popular term for describing them.