News New Ultra Beast, Ultra Recon Squad, and Ultra Space Travel Revealed!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I was moderately excited for the game before, but this just makes it look like a completely different game that just so happens to take place in Alola. UB Adhesive is such a cutie! And one of my favorite types, at that. <3

The whole deal about being able to freely travel through Ultra Space just did it for me. The fact that we get to battle the Ultra Beasts on their home turf, which is (in my opinion) much better than just finding them on a route, kinda randomly in a sub-par post game. Seeing Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Nihilego all in their different worlds was awesome, and exploring these places is going to be a blast! Then there's Ultra Megalopolis. The very idea of having people in a completely different world is awesome, and the whole situation of Necrozma literally taking all of their light is confusing but intriguing simultaneously.

I'm really excited for these games. With the new story, tons of added extras and changes, and new Pokémon I'm finding it hard to contain myself!

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
1:26 Wow, mind blown! (Sorry, just had to...!) :rolleyes:

The Ultra Wormhole is almost like Reversed World! This is just getting better and better. Maybe we get even more new Ultra Beasts...?!

TheRealBro..

Nice, finally some information that makes me excited for these games!

A shame that Assembly should be as hard to break down as it comes.. But then it gets Rock/Steel typing.. Say goodbye to any walling capabilities for ''the wall''.

The designs are really awesome though, especially that UB Burst, now that we know it indeed is a Fire Type. In my opinion one of the best Ultra Beasts so far with out of the box design and typing. Really interesting!

The new Poison type is also a really nice addition with a good design, given the supremacy of fairy types lately. By the looks of it it's going to be fast with a high special attack (understanding human speech etc.)

Can't wait to hear more!

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
This is now the 10th Ultra Beast, which means I can no longer fit them all into a single 9-pocket binder sheet.

o geodudes

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
Actually 14 Ultra Beasts. Cosmog and family are Ultra Beasts according to the games.
In that case, there would be 15 if you accept the theory that Necrozma has the same origins as Solgaleo and Lunala. The main thing that separates the Cosmog family & Necrozma from the Ultra Beasts is that the numbered Ultra Beasts have not ever been exposed to the human world of Sun & Moon before, and thus they are sensitive to the Fallers (due to their exposure to Ultra Wormholes) and actively try to seek them out / kill them. This is why Looker is unable to locate Necrozma, because Necrozma is such an ancient Ultra Beast that he has become desensitized to the Fallers.

Edit: 17 if we're now counting the new Necrozma forms, haha

Last edited:

TotoBoss

Kappa
"It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions."

So... all other pokemon just pretend to understand human language?

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
In that case, there would be 15 if you accept the theory that Necrozma has the same origins as Solgaleo and Lunala. The main thing that separates the Cosmog family & Necrozma from the Ultra Beasts is that the numbered Ultra Beasts have not ever been exposed to the human world of Sun & Moon before, and thus they are sensitive to the Fallers (due to their exposure to Ultra Wormholes) and actively try to seek them out / kill them. This is why Looker is unable to locate Necrozma, because Necrozma is such an ancient Ultra Beast that he has become desensitized to the Fallers.
Potentially but only if officially stated.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
This news is actually making me excited for US/UM. I wasn't expecting Ghost for UB Burst (although I do like its typing), UB Assembly I was expecting Rock, but I can't say its typing hugely excites me.
I adore that new Poison UB (although personally I think it could have been a decent opportunity for Poison/Psychic but oh well).
I'm so glad we get to see more of Ultra Space (plus the travelling on Solgaleo/Lunala looks pretty fun) and the Ultra Megalopolis sounds interesting.
And I don't quite yet get what the Ultra Recon Squad are supposed to be - new evil team? or just a pair (per game) on their own? I'm intrigued to see more of what role they play in the games.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Many people debate whether UB's are legendary pokemon I find them to be so which means adhesive is the first ever poison type legendary after 7 gens now if we could just get a dark type gym

mawile_13

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I'm done checking for news on this. 3 new Ultrabeasts (and one of them is POISON!?) is enough to make me think there's probably more on the way. I want to go into the rest of the game spoiler-free!

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
I was moderately excited for the game before, but this just makes it look like a completely different game that just so happens to take place in Alola. UB Adhesive is such a cutie! And one of my favorite types, at that. <3

The whole deal about being able to freely travel through Ultra Space just did it for me. The fact that we get to battle the Ultra Beasts on their home turf, which is (in my opinion) much better than just finding them on a route, kinda randomly in a sub-par post game. Seeing Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Nihilego all in their different worlds was awesome, and exploring these places is going to be a blast! Then there's Ultra Megalopolis. The very idea of having people in a completely different world is awesome, and the whole situation of Necrozma literally taking all of their light is confusing but intriguing simultaneously.

I'm really excited for these games. With the new story, tons of added extras and changes, and new Pokémon I'm finding it hard to contain myself!

You pretty much just took the words right out of my mouth. USUM just fixed the only problem I had with Sun/Moon by expanding on the Ultra Space and giving more focus to the Ultra Beasts. The different environments that make up Ultra Space are very intriguing, and I'd like to find out more about how the Ultra Beasts fit in to their own dimension! I'm officially sold on this game!

I wonder what the whole deal is with the Ultra Recon Squad. Are they new villains? Or are they people that need your help to save them from Necrozma?

UB Adhesive is super-cute. It looks like a fourth Sinnoh Lake Guardian. I want to squeeze it and hold it and possibly be killed via deadly venom in the process.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
"It is said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech and displays many emotions."

So... all other pokemon just pretend to understand human language?

Other Pokémon are able to, but maybe Ultra Beasts can't, being from a different world and all.