Help New to the Game, Not Sure What Deck is for Me (Standard Format)

AriaBellaGato

A Work-in-Progress!
Hello there!

I am a long time fan of the Pokemon anime and video games. I never got to play the TCG as a kid, but I figured I would make up for that now. As far as TCG's go, I used to casually play Magic the Gathering, and currently play Cardfight Vanguard at a locally competitive level (shop tourneys!)

I currently own a Solgaleo Larantis deck a friend sold me for cheap, and am making use of it to learn the basic mechanics. That's great, but I tend to be picky as far as playstyle goes, and am currently searching for what my idea deck in pokemon may be!

I have a preference for technicality, options, and messing with my opponent. In MTG I played mono blue, and in CFV I play Bermuda Triangle and Gear Chronicle. An all out attack deck only really appeals to me when it takes a lot of thought to get there. I have the most fun when I really have a lot to weigh and figure out!

At the same time, I also would like to be able to get to at least a locally competitive level, so I need something that can really stand up to a large and serious community of players!

Hopefully someone can help me, as I really want to get into this game.

Thank you.

There are plenty of decks in the deck garage, but as for what you want, I'd suggest either a Sylveon-GX deck or Drampa-GX/Garbodor. Drampa has a lot more options while sylveon is reaaaally good with messing with your opponent. Both not too tough to play, though Drampa/Garb might be a bit harder to play for someone just entering the game. It's cool that you want to play the TCG! :D

Back