Discussion New to pokemon tcg

feenix66

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to start collecting pokemon cards and maybe even play. I have bought 7 packs of lost thunder so far and don't really know what's good. I think the best ones I got were reve holo entei, prism star thunder mountain, holo white kyurem, holo meganium, and zeraora GX which I can't stop looking at :)

Congrats on pulling the Zeraora and the other holos. As IDK what your goals are in terms of collecting cards or playing the game it can be hard to decipher what you mean by good since playability and cost aren't always synonymous.

I will start with collecting and work my way into playing. Don't really know anyone who plays yet. I did get a booster box and got alolan ninetales GX, lost blender screts rare, tyranitar GX full art, mimikyu GX, genesect GX, sceptile GX, naganadel holo, giratina holo, espeon holo, and 5 prism cards

I'd say you got some pretty good pulls from Lost Thunder! It's the largest set that's been released to date (with the next largest being Aquapolis from 2003, those are some valuable cards), so Lost Thunder might be a task.

As for what is good, there is a fair number of decks available even at the most competitive tier at the moment. Limitless is definitely the best resource for building these decks and this link (http://limitlesstcg.com/decks/?time=3months&format=SUM-LOT&split=yes) showing what successful "Top-Tier" competitive decks look like. Here's hoping that Team-Up coming out in February doesn't establish a "Tier-1" deck that ignores a lot of these decks, as this format thus far has been really fun.

If you aren't looking for competitive decks, there's still lots of decks further down that list and I almost assure you'll probably find a deck that looks fun to play.

Good luck to you and let me know if you have other questions or needed clarifications!

Back