Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Two new trademarks have been filed by Pokemon: Battle Legion (バトルリージョン) and Star Birth (スターバース). They are under the same application terms as previous TCG trademarks.

Battle-Legion-Star-Birth-300x203.jpg

These will likely be upcoming Japanese sets. Trademarks are usually discovered five to six months in advance, so these should release in the winter. This would place them around the release of Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
The only trademarks we haven’t seen revealed yet are VMAX Climax and VSTAR. Perhaps VSTAR will be a new card mechanic in Star Birth?

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Battle Legion? Hoping for some Warhammer references 😁 Both sound cool, I wonder if they will theme the card designs around feudal Japan

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting, we're also getting close to BDSP's release in November so the chances of these being a DP-centric set seems to be on the mark.

VSTAR kind of reminds me of the old Pokemon Star mechanics from EX Team Rocket Returns-EX Power Keepers (and POP Series 5), perhaps it's something similar to that? I can see the Pokemon V and V Union mechanic surviving a possible switch like EXs did (but not VMAXes since they're region-specific due to being tied to the games' Dynamax/Gigantomax mechanic).

VMAX Climax gives off the same air as VMAX Rising and feels like it's a "finale" set so I have feeling it might be another celebratory reprint set like GX Ultra Shiny and TAG All Stars were.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Very interesting, we're also getting close to BDSP's release in November so the chances of these being a DP-centric set seems to be on the mark.

VSTAR kind of reminds me of the old Pokemon Star mechanics from EX Team Rocket Returns-EX Power Keepers (and POP Series 5), perhaps it's something similar to that? I can see the Pokemon V and V Union mechanic surviving a possible switch like EXs did (but not VMAXes since they're region-specific due to being tied to the games' Dynamax/Gigantomax mechanic).

VMAX Climax gives off the same air as VMAX Rising and feels like it's a "finale" set so I have feeling it might be another celebratory reprint set like GX Ultra Shiny and TAG All Stars were.
Venusaur: check.
Blastoise: check.
Charizard: check.
Butterfree: check.
Pikachu: check (plus two extras).
Meowth: check.
Machamp: nope!
Gengar: comin'.
Kingler: nope!
Lapras: check.
Eevee: check.
Snorlax: check.
Garbodor: Evolving Skies.
Melmetal: nope!
Rillaboom: comin'.
Cinderace: comin'.
Inteleon: comin'.
Corviknight: check.
Orbeetle: check.
Drednaw: check.
Coalossal: check.
Flapple: check.
Appletun: nope! (but identical to Flapple, sort of)
Sandaconda: check.
Toxtricity: check.
Centiskorch: check.
Hatterene: nope!
Grimmsnarl: check.
Alcreamie: check.
Copperajah: check.
Duraludon: Evolving Skies.
Eternatus: check.
Urishfu: check.
The other Urishfu: check.

Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, and Gengar are coming (are any of them going to be in Evolving Skies? I'm not sure). Machamp, Kingler, Melmetal, Appletun, and Hatterene are the only VMAXs we haven't seen revealed in Japan yet. Now, we know that there will be 15 VMAXs in Evolving Skies, and there are 8 in Eevee Heroes and 3 each in Sky Stream and Towering Perfection. That totals to 14, which means that we will get at least one of these VMAXs. 4-1+5=8 (obviously), so we have 8 more VMAXs to get through. Now, if the last set of 2021 is a combination of Fusion Arts and VMAX Climax, that means we need to have 8 gigantamax VMAXs in a single set, unless the two Pikachu VMAXs aren't an actual part of the Celebrations main set (which they almost certainly are), since we know that there are two VMAXs in that set. Now, can we reasonably expect a set to have EIGHT gigantamax VMAXs, when the most we have ever seen was 5 in Darkness Ablaze? Perhaps. In any case, eight VMAXs is what it will take to clear out the gigantamax collection in one fell swoop.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, and Gengar are coming (are any of them going to be in Evolving Skies? I'm not sure).

Nope.

Machamp, Kingler, Melmetal, Appletun, and Hatterene are the only VMAXs we haven't seen revealed in Japan yet. Now, we know that there will be 15 VMAXs in Evolving Skies, and there are 8 in Eevee Heroes and 3 each in Sky Stream and Towering Perfection. That totals to 14, which means that we will get at least one of these VMAXs.
The 15th VMAX is the Dracozolt that was cut out of Chilling Reign.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
VSTAR being a pseudo-replacement for VMAX is my guess, so I think Star Birth will be the start of the BDSP/PL:A themed sets and regulation mark F. Star also fits the names Brilliant/Shining and Star Birth fits that the Sinnoh Legendaries revolve around the birth of the universe.

Battle Legion sounds like something themed around powerful trainers, so I predict a Cynthia reprint under a new name like they did for Professor's Research and Boss's Orders alongside a Garchomp VSTAR.

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
VSTAR being a pseudo-replacement for VMAX is my guess, so I think Star Birth will be the start of the BDSP/PL:A themed sets and regulation mark F. Star also fits the names Brilliant/Shining and Star Birth fits that the Sinnoh Legendaries revolve around the birth of the universe.

Battle Legion sounds like something themed around powerful trainers, so I predict a Cynthia reprint under a new name like they did for Professor's Research and Boss's Orders alongside a Garchomp VSTAR.
I will go mad for that Garchomp VSTAR if it will come out. I will sell everything.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer

They just reprinted Shauna and Copycat, so I can't see Cynthia returning too.

Letuligant

Aspiring Trainer
I will not be happy unless these sets focus on gen 4 mons, and give gen 4 mons who didn't have Vs or Gxs attention. I feel like it's a given Battle Legion's mascot is gonna be Arceus Vmax, who I suppose could be another Rayquaza Vmax given he's....god. Battle Legion might focus on more ferocious and tough Pokemon and have stuff like Garchomp Vmax, Infernape Vmax, Luxray Vmax, while Star Birth is clearly gonna introduce the V-Star mechanic. It's hard to say what V-Star will be but...hear me out....Shiny Vs without the white backgrounds? Like the Shiny Darkrai GX promo. Honestly, I hope it's that...

Letuligant

Aspiring Trainer

This is something that more people need to start talking about. BDSP will literally NOT have dynamaxing, therefore Vmaxes, and most likely Vs, will have to stop existing at some point. We should really think about this especially because multiple Gigantamax firms still don't have Vmaxes...