News New Solgaleo-GX and Lunala-GX in November Starter Set!

I disagree N is good for shuffle draw support like Cynthia and Sycamore you get a extra card the only thing N is good for after Cynthia is lowering your opponents hand down to like 1-3 cards
your opinion on the best starter is S-Tier opinion

This is Nintendo trying to make it up to fans of both the VGC and TCG that there will be no Sinnoh remakes this gen :(

SM-on. Evolutions is the trashiest and the last XY set.
Aside from the reprints, DuskLyc is.... Beautiful.
EVO was trash but it was also a 20th anniversary set as well as if it rotates it will be the only set since in a while to have been a part of 2 world championships

you HATER
any time someone says "i want "X" to stay in the format, they might as well just said "I need my crutch cause im a bad player and can't adapt". Literally the only reason expanded is so popular is cause people are still sucking on the vs seeker/ shaymin EX tit cause they need their crutch and they dont know how to change their play style. And now back to volc, volc is one of those decks thats just "i want my big hit crutch". You'd be surprised how many people can't actually play pokemon tcg, and instead they've learned how to play a deck. The difference is someone who knows how to play the game knows how to adapt, and someone who doesnt know how to play, take like 2 months to adjust and play only 1 deck.

any time someone says "i want "X" to stay in the format, they might as well just said "I need my crutch cause im a bad player and can't adapt". Literally the only reason expanded is so popular is cause people are still sucking on the vs seeker/ shaymin EX tit cause they need their crutch and they dont know how to change their play style. And now back to volc, volc is one of those decks thats just "i want my big hit crutch". You'd be surprised how many people can't actually play pokemon tcg, and instead they've learned how to play a deck. The difference is someone who knows how to play the game knows how to adapt, and someone who doesnt know how to play, take like 2 months to adjust and play only 1 deck.
Are you referring me as one of those people? I play multiple decks including VikaBulu and gardie but by far volc is my favorite. It fits my playstyle perfectly and is just a fun deck too. If the expanded format was more balanced I would be fine with it rotating.

I’m excited for the new promos. Primarily the Solgaleo. Solgaleo would allow for great weakness reductions in a lot of others decks. It will also be good to park it with the old solgaleo instead of the more commonly used rayquaza from guardians rising.

I didnt realize this but volcanion just needs to play garbotoxin and they are good. Honestly, garde will be triggered at this deck, I feel vindicated lcanion will be played even more and metagross will be r.i.p. We need something good to stop volcanion, otherwise it will become the BDIF, TCPI doesnt usually make a deck super powerful to where it can’t be stopped so eventually it will be stopped, if not we will have to wait till next season. Lets hope we get a great water deck.

Are you referring me as one of those people? I play multiple decks including VikaBulu and gardie but by far volc is my favorite. It fits my playstyle perfectly and is just a fun deck too. If the expanded format was more balanced I would be fine with it rotating.
now that i think about it i probably generalized too much with saying "every time" but there's no denying when everyone is complaining about good cards rotating, that they're complaining about their crutch leaving. I mean to me, it seems like you can play different decks so what im saying didnt apply to you. Just everyone throwing conniption fits over VS seeker was really annoying.

Y'all are though. Don't get me wrong the deck is going to be tier two or one, but it isn't an untouchable deck like y'all are thinking. First of all, weakness only applies to Volcanion-EX and Ho-Oh-GX/Salazzle-GX, so if you have literally any other match-up other than that, this Solgaleo-GX does nothing unless you need to heal something. It is good that this is taking down Gardevoir-GX, but Gardevoir has been on the decline, so even that isn't as amazing as y'all think. Right now some of the best decks in standard that I haven't already covered are Garbodor decks, Alolan Ninetales, and Tapu Bulu. And these all aren't amazing match-ups.

Trashalance Garbodor can definitely get OHKOs on 250 HP, if you playing Solgaleo-GX and use 12-14 items, your opponent playing Trashalance can get consistent OHKOs. However that's realistically not going to happen, however, cards like Rare Candy and Ultra Ball are necessary for this deck to work consistently. So you have to pick your poison, risk having an inconsistent set-up skipping Rare Candy and instead go for Cosmoem manual evolutions, or risk setting up quick OHKOs for your opponent. And need I mention that Solgaleo-GX is a two-prize attacker, and Garbodor is a one-prize attacker, your prize game won't be in your favor. And on top of that, Garbotoxin removes Ultra Road, and assuming this deck doesn't run many copies of Float Stone, Guzma's are going to hurt a lot.

Alolan Ninetales, a little bit more iffy than my last point, but still it needs to be mentioned. Baby Alolan Ninetales blocks Solgaleo-GX, which means if you're worried about this match-up you need to put in a Baby Solgaleo, or risk having a horrible matchup if they get Baby Alolan Ninetales out. And if you add Baby Solgaleo, your either ending up with a 2-1-1 or 3-1-1 split of Solgaleos, either you're not going to have enough of your attackers or way too many Solgaleos. Honestly, I'd just go for a 3-1 split of the GX's and just take the L on these match-ups, since Aloan Ninetales is also on the decline. But my point isn't that this is a valid thing to worry about, simply that this deck isn't untouchable like you think, things can still counter this.

Another thing I think were forgetting is that nasty, "Discard all Energy from this Pokemon.' There's no getting away from this. This deck is still inconsistent, even if you switch between attacking with the SUMO Solgaleo-GX, then restoring his energy with the new Solgaleo-GX the next turn. THIS ISN'T CONSISTENT. You are going to be left with awkward two hit KOs with the new Solgaleo-GX on every match-up that isn't Gardevoir-GX, as you wouldn't want to build up a Solgaleo-GX and then blow it on something you can just attack with something else. This rarely works! The only time this type of attack where you discard all energy has worked are Tapu Bulu-GX and Necrozma-GX, but those are only good because you can get them immediately set-up the next turn with Vikavolt and Metagorss-GX, and attack with the same attacker. Instead of this deck wwere you have to switch attackers just to get your attacker set-up. The only way you could combat this would be adding Metagross-GX, but that would be a horrible idea. Even though this deck can get consistent knockouts, you're going to have to wait to attack again.

Do I think Solgaleo-GX is going to be a good deck, yes, but it's not as amazing as you all think. So no, I don't think I'm "stupid," for underhyping this deck, I'm just looking past the veil of perfection you all have put over this card. Only to realize there are things wrong with this deck that you aren't covering.
I've been meaning to re-address this, veil of perfection....cheeky, all I'll say now is Solgaleo Prism Star, you still want to say this deck won't be one of the best, if not THE best deck to come, then yes, you are being dumb

Like I said garb + volc will win. The most shakey matchup will be it versus buzzwole/lycanroc. This deck is looking good if volc players dont choose garbotoxin. It would also destroy decidueye/zoroark and golisopod/zoroark if they play garbotoxin. They already play 4 FFB, combined with skyla, float stone, and CB.

Back