New Salamence-EX Promo in 'CoroCoro Ichiban!'

Dang. Why is this card so bad?

If the first attacked was [F] then it would at least have some function (similar to Rayquaza-EX's 'Intensifying Burn' attack). Instead, it's just a stepping stone for the, relatively underwhelming, Mega.

In all the time I've been playing the game, there has not been one decent Salamence card.

^ In my defense, the initial translation was wrong!

Last edited:
If I'm reading it right, Beast Fang's damage is actually "Plus 50 times the number of Pokémon EX on your opponent's side of the field". That's much better.

Well, this isn't so bad. I for one like to see cards that don't nuke the board. 130 Every turn makes a nice combo with the memory stadium and a attack that punishes Shaymin EX drops hard without being broken and a Mega that can nuke a mon but at a 'real' cost that can't be abused easily. Salamence can still nuke mons from a careless opponent and can restrict the opponents play.

So does this mean by the end of the year we can expect a Mega Salamence EX premium collection? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

So does this mean by the end of the year we can expect a Mega Salamence EX premium collection? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

Either that or it will get mixed into a set. They do seem to be favouring the box releases, though.

lol Against Ray and their one billion EXs. Which is a good matchup to have in the coming Standard format, honestly.

If the first attacked was [F] then it would at least have some function (similar to Rayquaza-EX's 'Intensifying Burn' attack). Instead, it's just a stepping stone for the, relatively underwhelming, Mega.

In all the time I've been playing the game, there has not been one decent Salamence card.
Salamence Lv. X was descent I believe. And Salamence-ex.

Drop it into a Reshiram/Giratina build for an easy-to-power-up attacker. Why do people dismiss cards so quickly?

Looking at the M Salamance attack, I'd almost just want to mostly use the basic EX with a FFB attached. Then you are hitting for anywhere to 80-110 since a majority of the EX decks will have 2 -4 EXs in play at a time. But I would probably put in one Mega just so that I could use it's attack if I needed to do a one shot KO to end the game.

Sometimes I wonder if Pokemon actually watches their own game development. Does anyone play's EX decks? Yes, lets knock out joltik, trev, or Vespiqueen for a hundred points of damage on a three charge, because they have two shaymins out. Then afterword, they can take 2 off us because they are unable to charge, due to quickness, or shift items.

After I saw this card drop, I would have serious talks with game designers. If they are not forcing trainers to buy knew worth whiled cards, they are not really designing to help the business. The core principle should be ingrained every developers head. It shows a lack unity in a cooperation.

Shrugs...sigh...the good news...It's one more card I won't need.

I don't know if you have realized but beast fang basically means destruction for all ex-decks. And for unbound hoopa-ex as well, his ability is worthless.

Ok, stop hating. My first thought when I saw this was "Wow, this card could be playable" But then I saw the hate. Shaymin-EX is common in decks, and two Shaymins on the bench equals 110 damage. I was thinking this card could have it's own M-Rayquaza combo that relies on Fire Energy and DCEs.

I think it's a good card, but I doubt it will see play since majority of the time, it's just solitaire between Night March, Greninja, and Trevenant. And those only have 1-2 Shaymin out at a time anyway. If this card came out back around cities, it would have been game-changing, but thanks PCI, for making new sets of cards that don't change the meta whatsoever, outside of 1 or 2 new trainers that help decks out.

First of all this attack is very good because most decks play at least 2 shaymin for a double dragon and a fire it will knock out a lysandred shaymin with 110 damage attack. And since a lot of people play hoopa ex you can punish them with this attack which is pretty much a better mindjack version because you can power it up on your first turn and do not need to rely on the mega (turbo blaze ability from reshiram). If they have 4 ex pokemon that is 210 damage for only 3 energy, which will destory other heavy ex decks, do not underestimate this card.

For people complaining about the night march, trev and greninja match up just run 1 latios ex and fast raid whenever possible to get the turn 1 donk with muscle band. Clawitzer allowing to attach a double dragon from hand and reshiram to attach fire energy is crazy acceleration but you will probably have to choose one or the other.

Last edited:
Back