New 'Premium Champion' Set, Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
There's no way this is going to be Japan exclusive. Wouldn't that give an unfair advantage to the Japanese players?

To my understanding, Japanese players are held to international rotation standards when they play in international events, so if these cards aren't released outside of Japan, they would only be able to play them in Japanese tournaments and not, say, at Worlds.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
1j23rt.jpg

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I'm actually pretty excited to make my mega beedrill/floette/dragalgae deck. with revitalizer being a thing, you could, if need be, battle comp. beedrill and mega into discard, use revitalizer, put beedrill on bench, attach energy, use max potion, play fgp, evolve with a spirit link on it, retreat whatever is in the active and you're opponent is instantly rekt. i know it required a god hand, but it isn't impossible .

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
^ I love Zigzagoon D:

But this set is pretty ridiculous, pretty much reprinting nearly every significant card for the past 2(?) years. Nuts.

Due to the sheer amount of reprints, I actually don't think this will come to the West. It's just too many. At least, I don't think we'll get ALL of them... but as I always say, you simply never know these days...

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually pretty excited to make my mega beedrill/floette/dragalgae deck. with revitalizer being a thing, you could, if need be, battle comp. beedrill and mega into discard, use revitalizer, put beedrill on bench, attach energy, use max potion, play fgp, evolve with a spirit link on it, retreat whatever is in the active and you're opponent is instantly rekt. i know it required a god hand, but it isn't impossible .
With forest of giant plants and mega turbo also in the game mega bedrill might seem like a competative deck dont even need a hoopa if u can just battle compress the line then get it back out with revitalizer might have vespiquen as a non ex back up attacker.

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
File:TerrakionNobleVictories73.jpg
^ I love Zigzagoon D:

But this set is pretty ridiculous, pretty much reprinting nearly every significant card for the past 2(?) years. Nuts.

Due to the sheer amount of reprints, I actually don't think this will come to the West. It's just too many. At least, I don't think we'll get ALL of them... but as I always say, you simply never know these days...
You never know what PTCGi will do, they might make a legendary treasures set as the last xy series of sets before they move on to sun and moon...so they might be out of rotation for a while but might come back as we have seen with level ball, super rod, town map and now N. Darkrai ex (DEX) and terakion (NV) 2011 were in standard until this year that is 5 years worth of a card's life time so night march might see at least 2-3 years of play. This set might just be after fates collide as well, it will be one big set but i think some cards will come back as radiant collection as we saw with Mega Gardevor and a newer set with shaymin ex in it is fine by me.

Last edited:

wolfhavoc

Aspiring Trainer
joltik/pumpkaboo reprint... so if we get this we may have to deal with night march for another year.

edit and there's the lampent.

It won't be one year, it will be two more years before Night March rotates out, since rotation is 2 years in standard....

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, so Japan is releasing a set where literally every card is pretty much valuable and can help build peoples decks. Thanks pretty cool. :)

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I think we won't get these reprints here in the states. Seriously, look at this way. There are four new cards in this set; FOUR. Wobbuffet BREAK has already been slated for the second BREAK box. http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/03/second-break-evolution-box-in-july-featuring-lugia-and-ho-oh

That leaves three new cards. They don't have full arts, just the spirit link and the two megas themselves. They can easily be thrown into one of our sets like Audino/M. Audino will be in Fates Collide. Or they can be a box product a la Metagross/Absol/Aerodactyl/Mawile.

There is no need to devote an entire set to 99% reprints here unless it's to stall for time. And how well will it go over? Just look at the abysmal Base Set 2. Why do we need this? Unless this mirror pattern is really that good, then it might be accepted better like Legendary Collection was, but that seems to be debateable. If they're exact reprints then there is no reason for anyone to go after them if one already has the original run of the cards. It'd be just a waste of everything.

My two cents worth.

Last edited:

TheLunaticHypno

With forest of giant plants and mega turbo also in the game mega bedrill might seem like a competative deck dont even need a hoopa if u can just battle compress the line then get it back out with revitalizer might have vespiquen as a non ex back up attacker.
Since you have the battle compressor, to discard the pokemon, that's actually a pretty cool idea. With floette, vespiqueen also gets a hp boost. Hope these cards come to the states!

SirKnight

Securing the win
I got a combo for expanded, Mega Beedrill Ex + Mega turbo + Virbank City Gym= deck to destroy other decks, and my wallet.
But hey were getting a Shaymin ex reprint..but that still wont help it's high prices.

Last edited:

TheLunaticHypno

I got a combo for expanded, Mega Beedrill Ex + Mega turbo + Virbank City Gym= deck to destroy my deck, and my wallet.
But hey were getting a Shaymin ex reprint..but that still wont help it's high prices.
I NEEEEED Shaymin reprints in english... 50 dollars for one card? Cmon, that's way too expensive for my taste and wallet

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
You people don't listen, do you?

First of all, don't blame TPCi, this is a japanese set, blame PCL.
Second, if they don't release this set in the west (which is my guess), Japanese players won't have any type of advantage. They won't be able to use those cards at Worlds.