New Pokemon TCG Collaboration with Artist Yu Nagaba!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon TCG has announced a second collaboration with artist Yu Nagaba! The first collaboration with him was in July 2021. He’s famous for his line illustrations.
A “YU NAGABA x Pokemon Card Game Eevee’s Special Box” will release on May 24th for 4,800 yen. It will include a long card box, a rubber playmat, a set of card sleeves, and a deck box featuring his artwork.

CardBOX_clear-sleeve-300x181.png

b56766f5afe2af3ed6a443395efdbacd0d904365-300x177.png

A 9-pocket portfolio and card display frame will also release on May 24th. The portfolio will cost 1,980 yen and include ten 9-pocket pages that can store 180 cards. The display frame will cost 1,490 yen.

collectionfile_ryoumen-300x175.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I’m going to be in Japan when these come out. Can I get the promo if I shop in store as well?

Man I know cards that cards with just Sugimori artwork on them have existed since base set but most of these are really obviously shamelessly traced (or HEAVILY referenced) from existing stock art. Like whatever I'm not losing sleep over it but it seems kinda lame that the big artist collab they're doing is just art we've seen before with a silly face slapped onto it (especially in Glaceon and Leafeon's cases where they're almost one-to-one with the first pieces of art that show up when you search their names lmao).

Man I know cards that cards with just Sugimori artwork on them have existed since base set but most of these are really obviously shamelessly traced (or HEAVILY referenced) from existing stock art. Like whatever I'm not losing sleep over it but it seems kinda lame that the big artist collab they're doing is just art we've seen before with a silly face slapped onto it (especially in Glaceon and Leafeon's cases where they're almost one-to-one with the first pieces of art that show up when you search their names lmao).
Yeah, I'm not feeling this collab at all.

The lack of fairy type really kills the vibe. It's pathetic they regressed back into losing fairy type when they should have added a poison type or included it back into grass as it naturally is.

So 10 promos max / person - I wonder if they choose fairly or if they simply grab 10 random promos each.

Back