New Pokemon TCG Apparel Line Announced, Includes “Prankster Pichu” Promo!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Pokemon TCG collaboration has been announced between the Japanese fashion brand “Graniph” and Japanese YouTuber Hajime Syacho. Those who purchase one of 14 products from a new Pokemon TCG apparel line will receive a “Prankster Pichu” promo card.
Prankster Pichu – Lightning – HP30
Basic Pokemon
[C] Panic Party: Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. If tails, this attack does 10 damage to each of your Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
The product line is now live on Graniph’s website. It includes t-shirts, a pair of shoes, a mug, a hat, and a tote bag. Each...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Interesting to see that the actual apparel features English text. Although I doubt this will make it to the English tcg, it'd be interesting to see what they would do if they have any plans to do so

This is the first Pichu card in 12 years and we probably won't even get it outside of Japan.
Absolutely bonkers.

The items are now live on the site to purchase but the in-built global shipping option isn't working / actually seems to be disabled. You can use a third party service or something like this but the items are already overpriced.

EDIT: the Pichu items will also be available through Pokémon Center Japan starting May 31 https://www.fashion-press.net/news/88405

Last edited:
Buy a movie ticket, get a promo. Buy kids meal, get a promo. Buy products $15 or more, get a promo. Now, clothes and accessories, get a promo. Not just any apparels and accessories, but tcg on them. So stupid and uncreative.

I recently sent an email to TPCI TCG about looking into providing English variants of Japanese exclusive cards. There are tonnes of awesome ones we miss out on, and they could absolutely release them in English but for whatever reason have yet to do so. This hobby should not be just for the rich. Let us all enjoy, pre-order, open and revel in our cards without needing a loan or a lottery win!

There are plenty of alt art promos that could come over from Japan, but this Pichu isn't the sort of thing that would ever see light of day overseas. That's the drawback of doing a licensed promotion with another company.

Interesting that some of the apparels show Fairy Energy symbol. Is this a hint that Fairy types are coming back to TCG??

This hobby should not be just for the rich. Let us all enjoy, pre-order, open and revel in our cards without needing a loan or a lottery win!
I agree, but Doesn't that motivate you to be rich?

Absolutely bonkers.

The items are now live on the site to purchase but the in-built global shipping option isn't working / actually seems to be disabled. You can use a third party service or something like this but the items are already overpriced.

EDIT: the Pichu items will also be available through Pokémon Center Japan starting May 31 https://www.fashion-press.net/news/88405
The cheapest item is only ¥2,200, which is less than £/$15 if I’m correct so that’s pretty reasonable

Hot take; Why do things like the Pokemon TCG and Pokemon Unite treat Baby Pokemon like they're these elusive, sacred creatures that must NEVER appear. When, in the actual ganes....you can encounter some baby pokemon as soon as the FIRST ROUTE??? Why do we not just get Baby Pokemon every few sets???

Nice, another awesome pokemon product that'll never be outside of Japan.

Looking forward to the plethora of holofoil commons in blister packs and static single color deckboxes with a 15-year-old picture of lucario on it.

At least Digimon and Magic give everyone the same products. I realize the older I get the more I hate the Pokemon Company's business practices.

This is neither the first nor the last time we'll get a JP-only promo, but the frustration is unique. Clearly, the people are speaking, and the people are saying they want Pichu back in the TCG. Is Creatures/TPCI listening?

Interesting that some of the apparels show Fairy Energy symbol. Is this a hint that Fairy types are coming back to TCG??

I agree, but Doesn't that motivate you to be rich?
Fairy symbol has never been retired from TCG products, so no, this is not a hint at anything.

This is neither the first nor the last time we'll get a JP-only promo, but the frustration is unique. Clearly, the people are speaking, and the people are saying they want Pichu back in the TCG. Is Creatures/TPCI listening?
Not even just Pichu, why don't we get Munchlax or Igglybuff more often? Baby Pokemon are so cute, and they act like they're sacred and must never appear except for very specific sets...It's silly. I can guarantee people would buy this Pichu promo if it were in a box in other countries. But they don't care about us. Only Japan... : |

Not even just Pichu, why don't we get Munchlax or Igglybuff more often? Baby Pokemon are so cute, and they act like they're sacred and must never appear except for very specific sets...It's silly. I can guarantee people would buy this Pichu promo if it were in a box in other countries. But they don't care about us. Only Japan... : |
I'm wondering what the chances are that they come out with a "Baby Pokemon Box", that just has a bunch of holo baby pokemon that are promos.

From what I've seen on Twitter the card will also be available through the pokemon center if you buy a qualifying item. But still no conformation if it's Japan only

Back