New Pokemon Poltchageist Revealed!

It is certainly strange how many Galar mons are getting evos or new variants, despite the first DLC taking us to an area south of Sinnoh. (Kitakami is a real place it turns out, similar to how Kanto is just based on IRL Kanto.)

I highly suspect Hisuian mons will also be a big focus...

All Regions are a „real place“ :) even those island in FRLG

I am aware, but they're usually named something different, while there is straight-up a city in Japan named Kitakami. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitakami,_Iwate

Kitakami is also a prefecture and a battle ship. Ingame Kitakami is more likely related to some Potoguese Colony Shananigans in the west of Japan. I also remember something about an vacation Island in front of the Penensula. Loggstin made a video about it a while back.

Although most of the design seems to be based on non specific Japanese festival culture, the real life Kitakami inspiration is mostly located in Ogerpon itself. So for that part you are right. But the „region“ itself seems to be less based on the actual location (like kanto is really mostly a 1:1) :)

Pokémon just has gotten more complex with their inspirations and less bland.

Last edited:
I know its probably referencing the Kintsugi technique where you seal broken porcelain with gold laqueur, except its useing matcha. But i sadly instantly thought of those cursed tictocs where people seal cracks with dry ramen X,D

I like the design. I just wished they wouldnt do the whole "ooooh it looks like pokemon x because similar behavior" konvergent evolution stuff that much. It was fun for a gag, but has turned into a "how do we make "new" pokemon without making whole new pokemon kind of thing. What is wrong with calling them variants?

This Pokémon looks wacky, but I like it. I honestly just can’t wait to see if it has some crazy cool ability on a card…but they might give it something like “once per turn, you may heal 10 damage from one of your Pokémon”
And that would not be great.

Let me guess, "they look like Digimon"? "they're just a man in a suit"? "they're just objects"?

Definitely haven't heard these about literally every generation over the years...

Let me guess, "they look like Digimon"? "they're just a man in a suit"? "they're just objects"?

Definitely haven't heard these about literally every generation over the years...
None of those actually. They're all under-designed, too simple, and very few of them use angles in their design, making them really way too round.

There is a big difference between opinion and fact
Adding on: what makes pokemon great is the variety of designs. Sure, you make think that simple pokemon are objectively "worse", but some may prefer the simpler ones over the complicated.

Adding on: what makes pokemon great is the variety of designs. Sure, you make think that simple pokemon are objectively "worse", but some may prefer the simpler ones over the complicated.
It would be fine, but when the overwhelming majority of new Pokemon suck all the ass, that's a problem. Gen 8 sucked, I'm glad Gen 9 fixed (many) of its problems.

It would be fine, but when the overwhelming majority of new Pokemon suck all the ass, that's a problem. Gen 8 sucked, I'm glad Gen 9 fixed (many) of its problems.

actually, Gen 9 designs are way worse than Gen 8 designs on average, and because I just said so i'm objectively correct

Back