New 'Pokemon Champions' Tins at Wal-Fart!

Walmart is the best at supplying high quality products for their patrons. Bravo!

Wal-Fart?
giphy.gif

Are there Code-cards in them?
The back image of the tin shows the Play Online logo, so I would assume so.
Aghh, more promos to collect (puke)

EDIT: The contents don't list a code card for the TCG Online like they usually do, so I rescind my previous statement. Its likely that the cards will not be promos, and instead be Special Holo reprints of the cards listed.

... Perplexing...

Honestly I don't have much else: there arr most likely budget tins for Non-Pokemon customers gift shopping for Pokemon Fans. With so many other TCG products out this year for the twentieth anniversary I won't be getting any.

Y would you even buy these tins? I got so many of these from generation boxes I have been getting each month I got dupilcates of machamp and gengar reverse and holo forms...would not stoop so low to by something at WalFart anyways.

Canadian tin purchaser here, thought I'd share some info.

My tin included 1 Legendary Treasures, 1 XY, and 1 Furious Fists. Speaking with another person who bought one, it would appear they all have the same packs.

There is no code card for these tins. Don't worry, TCGO collectors.

The tins are roughly 2/3rds the depth of standard tins. Perfect for filling gaps in the shelf.

Here's a selection of images showing the height of the tin, and the art along the sides. I'm personally fond of these -- they remind me of the old WoTC packaging. Never been a fan of the CGI stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/

Sadly they have a bit of trouble stacking on certain tine. No issues on top of a flat DP-era tin, but on this Shiny Xerneas tin it falls right off.

N0jo9Se.jpg

Last edited:
^ Thanks for your post! If you ask me it feels like they're using this product to test how well a new tin design would sell. IDK.

Oddly enough, it's those packs that make me want to get the tins. I still need to complete XY Base and LT, and those are not easy packs to find. (yes I know I could buy the singles I need, but that's not as fun)

ETA: I think I like the shallower tins, as well. Take up less shelf space. Just so long as the art on the sides doesn't suffer. The Sugimori on these are fine, but the art on the tins tends to be very detailed and I wouldn't want to lose that.

ETA: I think I like the shallower tins, as well. Take up less shelf space. Just so long as the art on the sides doesn't suffer. The Sugimori on these are fine, but the art on the tins tends to be very detailed and I wouldn't want to lose that.

That'd be the case for the (5ban?) CGI art. The Sugi stuff is bold and simple enough to pop from a smaller surface.

^ Thanks for your post! If you ask me it feels like they're using this product to test how well a new tin design would sell. IDK.

Happy to pass the info along. I only went looking for them because of your post a few hours prior, so I must thank you for the heads up.

Why Walfart?

They have the money and the space.

Often times, a manufacturer will shop around a new product sample to retailers, and only a single retailer will take interest. Sometimes no retailers take the bite, and we'll lose out on items before we ever get to see them.

Also worth noting that Wal-Mart Canada isn't the same as Wal-Mart in the US. In Canada, our Walmarts exist on the skeletons of Woolco. On the outside they look the same, but the decision making behind both is radically different, because many of the bigwigs are from that Woolco era.

Probably that, and clearing out inventory. I mean, ledgendary treasures isn't the newest set

That's my line of reasoning.

XY and FF are close to rotation, and LT is out. These sets are a blink away from being scooped up by MJ Holding, whose 'classic' line of repackaged boosters only extends through the Plasma sets.

Last edited:
Back