New Players' Ceremony Promo Card, Evokes the Infamous Tropical Beach!

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Definitley going to be an expensive card whenever we get this, Tropical Beach will probably still be better as a card since most people burn their hands and then draw with that.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I hope we get this in English! I can’t afford Tropical Beach, but I could go for these instead for Expanded!

The nice thing is that you’re not capped to a 7 card-in-hand limit, so it’s always live. So if your opponent is off to a slow start, you’re just accumulating more resources; exactly what they don’t want.

I love it and want 4 in English right now!

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Completely outclassed by Tropical Beach in any situation. Professor Oak's Hint is better, and that's saying something.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Player's Ceremony - I think Mr. Boulay won it in Japan based on Mr. Gilbert's channel. Anyway, on the card.... If Tropical Beach saw play, why not this stadium will saw play, I don't know why Tropical Beach was banned before. 5 Geodudes. I think we'll get it as Worlds 2018 Promo

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
  • Player's Ceremony - I think Mr. Boulay won it in Japan based on Mr. Gilbert's channel. Anyway, on the card.... If Tropical Beach saw play, why not this stadium will saw play, I don't know why Tropical Beach was banned before. 5 Geodudes. I think we'll get it as Worlds 2018 Promo

IIRC, it was banned in Japan due to how few were in circulation.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
those sleeves look absolutely sick, but why is stakataka there? is that actually good in japan?

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
This card tries to be Tropical Beach, but it actually ends up being a bad Scorched Earth. Seriously, Scorched Earth is also a stadium that draws you two cards, but for a much less brutal cost (just discarding a Fire/Fighting Energy from your hand).

TotoBoss

Kappa
It was actually banned because this card was so rare and near impossible to obtain in japan, it would be almost unfair to allow it for legal play. However the ban is lifted now for whatever reason.
And the second thing, I honestly HIGHLY doubt this will be our worlds promo for a few reasons...
1. If it was a worlds promo, japan would get 1 in their own language at worlds, meaning theres no reason to release it the way they do now.
2. There's 1 thing all worlds promos from the past years had in common, which is a Psyduck. It may sound silly but tpci has been VERY consistent in putting a Psyduck in all worlds promos for the past few years. Of course this doesn't mean a worlds promo can't have it. But given how consistent they've been with it for many many years in the past, I HIGHLY doubt they just throw it out the window like that.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I mean, ending your turn is never good. However, the effect is awesome. The question is (and it doesn’t really matter) what will Wailord players use? This, Trop. Beach, or both?

All the same, I really don’t care for it,

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I mean, ending your turn is never good. However, the effect is awesome. The question is (and it doesn’t really matter) what will Wailord players use? This, Trop. Beach, or both?

And that’s the million dollar question.

I think if someone wants to play Wailord, they are going to use whatever is easier to obtain, so probably this.

But sitting where I’m at, it’s a bit hard to tell which is actually better. Wailord has a lot of supporters so it can’t plow through its hands super quick. I think this card is a little better because it’s always “on” so when your opponent is stuck and you don’t need to do anything, you can still draw. However, if you are in a situation where you need to use 3+ cards in a turn, it’ll take some time to recover from it and Beach would be better as it allows you to play fast and loose when you need to.

It’ll take some testing, but I think both have their merits.