• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

New Player! (Yveltal EX / Garbodor)

Valex

Aspiring Trainer
Hey,

I'm new to the meta and competitive Pokemon TCG and would like to make a good deck to play in my locals and other stuff. I don't have any cards I'm willing to use and am looking to build my collection fresh once I've decided on a deck.

After asking around I've decided to settle on a Yveltal EX/ Garbodor varient deck although I need some help with the deck overall. Any help would be great. Below is the decklist I made originally and below I've included the changes that have been suggested to me to improve the deck overall.

Any feedback and advice would be great for a new player to the game overall :D

Pokemon:

• 3 Yveltal EX
    3 Yveltal
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Darkrai EX
    2 Garbodor
    2 Trubbish
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

• 4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Shauna
    2 Bianca
    2 Lysandre
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    2 Switch
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Virbank City Gym
Energy

• 8 Darkness
    4 Double Colorless

Proposed changes (just so you have an idea of an alternate decklist would look like):
-4 Bianca
+4 Roller Skates

-1 Shauna
+1 Colress

-2 Mewtwo EX
+1 Seismitoad EX
+1 Charizard EX (Wing Attack)

Others have said the Mewtwo isn't necessary in this deck because it does pretty much the same as Yveltal EX, so other EX would be a better fit in the deck. Also that Bianca isn't too great and that I should use something like Bicycle or Roller Skates instead.

Another suggestion was a Jirachi EX for the support search.

So all in all, I would love some help making my deck. I started with doing this deck because its okay for beginners and I want to avoid Suicune! :p

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I played similar deck:

- 1 x Yveltal
+ 1x Seismitoad Ex

- 1x Pokemon Catcher
+ 1x Startling Megaphone

4x Prof. Jun. or Sycamore
3x N
1x Colress
2x Bicycle
+ 1x Float Stone
+ 2x Skyla
+ 1x Startling Megaphone

You can try my version.

Pok Hanss said:
3x N
1x Colress
2x Bicycle

+ 1x Float Stone
+ 2x Skyla
+ 1x Startling Megaphone

You can try my version.

Thanks or the suggestions, removing a Yveltal sounds like a good idea. Although can I ask what you mean by the above? (bolded especially) are these additions, removes or something else?

Pokemon:
3x Yveltal EX
2x Yveltal
2x Mewtwo EX
1x Darkrai EX
1x Seismitoad Ex
2x Garbodor
2x Trubbish
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
3x N
1x Colress
2x Bicycle
2x Lysandre
3x Ultra Ball
4x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Muscle Band
3x Float Stone
2x Switch
1x Dowsing Machine
2x Skyla
2x Startling Megaphone
2x Virbank City Gym

Energy
8x Basic Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

There is 1 free place: You can try 1x Dedenne or 1x Toxicroak Ex or 1x Chandelure Ex or 1x Druddigon (FF) - it depends on your metagame.
You can do some experiments with Trainers, Supporters, Stadium Cards and AceSpecs:
I don´t like to play Darkrai Ex with Garbodors.
There are possibilities:
not only 1x Seismitoad Ex, but 2x ... or not only 2x Mewtwo Ex, but 3x - you need big fighters
or 1x Escape Rope (1x free place) ...
if you will play 3x Ultra Ball - now you can try 2x Energy Switch (1x free place and - in case 2x Energy Switch - you can try 7x Basic Darkness Energy 1x Max Potion (1x free place) - there is very good to play 1x Scramble Switch with this combination (not 1x Dowsing Machine)
you can try 1x Computer Search (not 1x Dowsing Machine or 1x Scramble Switch)
I love Evosoda Item (for Garbodors) - 2x Evosoda - 1x free place and minus 1x Darkrai Ex, or 1x free place and minus 1x Basic Darkness Energy.
Or you can play fast version, I mean 4x Yveltal Ex minus 1x Darkrai Ex ...
I am recommend you to build the deck this way: Put all cards, which you want to play in this deck, on the table. You will see them all together and your work, how to build the deck, will be easier ...

Back