• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

New Player - The Faith Engine - Victini and Eelktrik

Avalon

Aspiring Trainer
Hi!

I'm new to the forums, and to competitive battling with TCG in general, so this deck might completely suck. I've copied the layout format (correctly, I hope!) from other threads, so please let me know if I've written in incorrectly, or w/e.

Pokemon: 22

4-4-1 Eelektross
4-4 Raichu (ND)
2 x Victini (Fliptini)

Trainers: 15

3x Pokemon Collector
4x Sage's Training
4x Pokemon Communication
2x Juniper
1x Super Rod
1x Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy: 23

1x Cyclone Energy
5x {R} - Fire Energy
17x {L} - Lightning Energy

Red text is used for cards I don't yet own, so I can keep a record of what cards I need to update this deck. =]

Playstyle:

The aim of this deck is to power up Raichu quickly, using trainer cards to bring Eelektrik to the bench, then discarding cards to get Lightning energies on Raichu and Zekrom asap.

Fliptini allows me to score 180 damage each turn with Raichu's Slam, if I'm lucky (hence the name of 'Faith' Engine =P). In the event I have no Raichu immediately, or while I'm waiting for Pikachu to evolve the next turn, Thundershock's paralysis rate hits 75% thanks to Victory Star. (As does Tynamo)

Sage's Training and Juniper let me get cards quickly, while sending energy into the discard pile, for my army of Eelektriks to transfer to my bench. I've got Eelektross there for a shock evolution, so I can deal a sudden, unexpected 90 damage, should I need to.

Thoughts to improve: A lot of these cards are powered by colourless energy; would it be worth running four Double Colourless energy here?

I'm also thinking of replacing a Pokemon with Zekrom EX - it discards two energy to deal 150 damage, which is a fantastic attack, given Eelektrik's ability to just place it back onto the benched Pokemon.

So far, while I've been playing this deck against my mates, I've never had to use Victini's attack - so the fire energy in the deck are kind of pointless. Should I take four out and put four double colourless instead?

I think that's it...I'm afraid I don't have masses of money with which I can buy the brilliant cards (Magnezone / Mewtwo EX), and I'm more inclined to embrace the luck factor of the cards, abusing Victini's ability. That's not to say I'm closed to suggestions on other cards, but please keep in mind that I'm a lover of hax, and make your suggestions accordingly! =P

Thanks for looking this over,

Avalon~

EDIT: Also, if you're using abbreviations for the names of cards, could you include what the abbreviation stands for as well please? I know that's a nuisance, but I'm looking to become a decent player, and I know from experience as a VG battler, how easy it is to fall into the vocabulary of "crocune" and "tyraniboah," terrifying new players away! So yeah, please remember that I'm a complete noob! Thanks =P

You don't need fire energy for fliptini. Take them all out, unless you're reallt worried about attacking with him. You should add three pokemon collcetors to help you get set up and two Professor Oaks new theory. I would also take out some more electric energy, because 17 is a lot, but I'm not sure how many.

ah, yeah, Pokemon Collector is a good idea. Probably more reliable than Level Ball actually - I use Level Ball because that lets me search for Pikachu, Raichu, Tynamo and Eelektrik. I might replace them all though, seeing as Pokemon Collector can be played in tandem with Pokemon Communication.

Although, obtaining Pokemon Collector will be expensive. I might buy some HGSS boosters when I'm next in town, as I don't think I want to pay £15 for three collectors =P

I'm not sure about Professor Oak's New Theory though - I prefer Juniper, as she lets me discard Energies...which is why I have so many energies, so I can discard more to get them back on the bench at crux points.

I'll edit out Level Ball and put Collector in.

Also, any thoughts on Zekrom EX being viable in this deck?

Thanks for your help so far~

I don't think cyclone energy may be a good idea. Try some level ball too. Try cutting all the fire energy and about 5 electric energy for 3 Proffessror Oak's New Theory and 3 N. Use the remaining spaces for 2 zekrom EX and 2 zekrom/zapdos/thundurus.
Also try -1-1 raichu (3-3 is enough) for some DCE. -0-1-0 eelektrik for a mew two EX for attacking.

i would actually suggest keeping the level balls in..

they are basically a free elektrick and u only need one card comapred to communication with other pokemon in hand.

Back