• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

[New player] Raticate/Hypnotoxic

TheMagnificentManatee

King of all manatees
Hey everyone :) I have recently begun playing the Pokémon TCG and I decided to do a Raticate/Hypnotoxic Laser deck since it looks quite fun ^^ I have gathered information about this deck on the internet and mashed some of the ideas together...so here is my take :)
I am looking forward to seeing your feedback!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________​

Pokemon: 20
  • 4x Rattata (Plasma Freeze)
  • 4x Raticate (Boundaries Crossed, obviously)
  • 4x Ditto (Boundaries Crossed)
  • 3x Sableye (Dark Explorers)
  • 2x Tynamo (Dark Explorers, 45/108)
  • 2x Eelektrik (Noble Victories)
  • 1x Mr. Mime (Plasma Freeze)
Trainers
  • 4x Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3x Level Ball
  • 3x Pokémon Catcher
  • 2x Random Receiver
  • 2x Pokémon Communication
  • 3x Juniper
  • 3x N
  • 2x Cheren
  • 2x Aspertia City Gym
  • 3x Giant Cape
  • 1x Life Dew
Energy
  • 4x Double Colorless Energy
  • 3x Dark Energy
  • 5x Lightning Energy
Strategy
This deck is built upon Raticate's Super Fang. You basically play Hypnotoxic so the defending Pokémon takes 10 damage by the end of each turn. Then you use Super Fang which takes the defending Pokémon down to 10, which kills it by the end of the turn (because of Hypnotoxic). Eelektrik helps with the energy acceleration using his Dynamotor and Sableye gets the Hypnotoxic lasers back from the discard pile. Ditto is in there to make sure my Rattatas (and Tynamos) don't die before I evolve them.
For Example: T1 I play Ditto and turn T2 I use his ability to transform into Rattata and further evolve into Raticate.
Mr. Mime is just there in case I get some heavy damage on my bench.
I use Aspertia city gym and Giant Cape to protect Raticate and use Life Dew in order to make deaths a little less painful.

Hope you like it :) This deck is only for league-play so it doesn't have to be ultra-competitive. I only chose it because I liked the idea of OHKO'ing someones EX with a raticate lol. Also, sorry for my bad english punctuation. I am from Denmark :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________​

909513.jpg
1012666.jpg

Hmmm... I don't run Ditto but heard it makes the difference, but I'd take one Ditto away and add a level ball. You need the maximum search capacity.

how will you go against the new Pokemon power that ignores all special conditions (verision from plasma blast I think)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Well, simple. Hammers.
That's a great idea. But what do you think I should switch it out with once Plasma Blast is released?

Blueinvader said:
How about Articuno EX? That is what I run and it's awesome.
Might try that. Pretty good back-up if I loose Hypnotoxic

Thunder Crown said:
How about using Mew-EX? You could keep your raticate while killing your opponent.
Could help me keep Raticate on the field but since I run both aspertia city gym and heavy cape I'm not sure it's necessary :p Great idea though. Will absolutely try it out.

-2 Cheren (N and Juniper is better)
+ 1 N (great card)
+1 Professor Juniper (great card and 4 is needed in every deck )

and try this also (this post is all opinion you can easily choose to decline if you do not like)
-4 Sableye
+2 Tynamo
+2 Eel
and why do you have all these cards to boost Raticates HP he is going to get One-Shoted anyway (Aspertia though I do agree keep)
and 8 Supporters are not enough you need atleast 13-15 Supporters try adding some skyla's or Colress or Bianca or Cheren
(I did these supporters in greatest to least)

DeckMaster said:
and try this also (this post is all opinion you can easily choose to decline if you do not like)
-4 Sableye
+2 Tynamo
+2 Eel
and why do you have all these cards to boost Raticates HP he is going to get One-Shoted anyway (Aspertia though I do agree keep)
and 8 Supporters are not enough you need atleast 13-15 Supporters try adding some skyla's or Colress or Bianca or Cheren
I don't want to remove Sableye. I need him to get hypnotoxic back.

But what if I remove my giant capes and add 3 colress? Would that be better?

TheMagnificentManatee said:
DeckMaster said:
-4 Sableye
+2 Tynamo
+2 Eel
I don't want to remove Sableye. I need him to get hypnotoxic back.

But what if I remove my giant capes and add 3 colress? Would that be better?
If you can get skyla's then do this.
-3 Giant Cape
-2 Random Receiver
+3 Skyla
+2 Colress
Try that. But if you can't get the Skyla's then do this
-3 Giant Cape
+2 Colress
+1 Bianca/Cheren/Random Receiver.

Back