New Pikachu-GX Promo!

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
This reminds me -- all cards with Agility (or similar attacks) can work in conjunction with Will for guaranteed invincibility. With 4 Pal Pad, 4 Will and as many recycling/Supporter search cards as possible, does anyone think this style of play will be a possibility?

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Eh...I'll be nicer to the new GX. Fits in PikaRom kind of well. Use PikaRom to charge this up (preferabbly after a knockout via Full Blitz) and then GX attack to Paralyze and then knockout a Tag Team with the second attack. The only reason I'd see this over Raichu's Tag Team is that you're putting a regular GX in the active to be knocked out instead of a TT GX to maybe play around with the prizes, esspecially with no Guzma or Acerola to remove the paralysis. I think besides prize shenanigans, Double Raichu's very likely better.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Whos worst at art 5ban or cg works lol

Lets hope Sword and Shield can deliver on more killer artwork on the ex/gx/dx or whatever it will be!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Whos worst at art 5ban or cg works lol
Neither haha, I like both! While I also would like different non-3D artists for GX-cards (like in Dream League), I don't think neither cg works, sadaji, 5ban, PLANETA or any other 3D artist are bad at their work, and I'd love to be at least half as good as they are for my fake cards!

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
This reminds me -- all cards with Agility (or similar attacks) can work in conjunction with Will for guaranteed invincibility. With 4 Pal Pad, 4 Will and as many recycling/Supporter search cards as possible, does anyone think this style of play will be a possibility?
I bet it will be possible, but I don't know if that's the best way to utilise Will. The new Xatu + Shrine of Punishment basically means you can 1HKO any TTGX in one turn which is a better way to win the game (especially in timed swiss rounds where stall just hurts you).

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
F
But you cannot draw cards every turn
Yeah, checkout pokemon-card dot com. They aannounced it very small
  • Pikachu-GX - Fine. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Rosa - Getting a Pokémon + Trainer card + Basic Energy really reminds me of Cyrus' Conspiracy. You need a Pokémon KOed during the opponent's last turn kinda like Teammates but its alright. Searching 3 at once is noice! 5 Geodudes
  • Gallade - Ability of being a P and F type is really good since it hits great weakness and able to use Diancie. CC for 120 and move an energy from Gallade to other mon is cool. KOs Pikarom and MewMew. 4 Geodudes

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu Gx is just weak. Very few decks will struggle to hit 160 every turn. Agility is annoying but we have better agility options than a 160 hp GX. Will exists but using your supporter for turn is really bad considering you are only stalling 1 turn with 20 damage. E power won't help 20 damage. Volt tackle is a brilliant way to damage your own 160 hp gx. 150 damge is a 2 shot. Maybe E powers will help. The Gx attack is just more low damage stall. Best lightning GX attack. Cough Cough, Tag bolt, Cough, Cough, Full Voltage, Cough, Cough Whatever ChuChu's GX attack is called.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
Do these Pikachu promos ever become available stateside? If not, I think I’ll still purchase the Japanese version in conjunction with the Onix and Starmie GX for a collection page I have in mind - they would be my first non-English cards.