New ORAS Trailers - Several New Scenes! [10/30]

I honestly do not know if I like the new music or what... but I do like the cutscenes!

The only new rendition I was disappointed by in these trailers was the new rendition of "Help me!" (The scene where we save Professor Birch from the Poocheyna.) Everything else I heard in the new trailers brought me close to tears, it sounded SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

Particular tracks with FANTASTIC updates that really stood out for me are:

Battle: VS Rival
Battle: VS Maxie/Archie (THIS THEME F*CKING ROCKS MORE THAN EVER NOW!)
Battle: VS Gym Leader (FINALLY sounds loads different from the Trainer Battle thanks to more apparent use of what sounds like string instruments rather than trumpets which they implode on us fantastically in the ramakes for the Trainer Battle. Also: THANK ARCEUS THIS WASN'T REMIXED TO SOUND LIKE X AND Y'S GYM BATTLE THEME BECAUSE THAT IS HANDS DOWN THE WORST GYM BATTLE THEME TO DATE!)
Underwater Theme
Littleroot Town Theme
Bicycle Theme

Among others of course. I also LOVED our preview of the updated Victory Road theme in the last 3 trailers, which IMO is STILL the best Victory Road theme in the series to date!

I am a music addict in general and loved the music in XY (as opposed to many of you). I was worried what they would do with the music in ORAS, but it's totally awesome! The Magma/Aqua battle theme is just plain genius.

Minous2 said:
I am a music addict in general and loved the music in XY (as opposed to many of you). I was worried what they would do with the music in ORAS, but it's totally awesome! The Magma/Aqua battle theme is just plain genius.

There are some tracks in X and Y that I think are really good and some that I absolutely love. The Trainer Battle Theme in X and Y has really grown on me (and the version they have in the new SSB kicks major ass; it's FAR superior to the original IMO) and Dendemille Town's theme is one of my favorite town themes in the series. While I think that the Gym Battle Theme in X and Y is the worst in the series (and let's face it, it really is; they had it perfect in Black and White and then did a complete 180 in X and Y), it has grown on me a tad and it's not horrible, but compared to OTHER Gym Battle Themes in the series it is the weakest by far. =(

There aren't many tracks in ANY of the games that I would outright consider REALLY bad but of the soundtracks, X and Y in many ways rival Diamond and Pearl for the weakest soundtrack in the series. I still think Diamond and Pearl are worse than X and Y in both the soundtrack and the gameplay categories though. X and Y's saving graces are actually uselfull touchscreen functions, further improving the stats system, and 3D graphics. Diamond and Pearl's MAIN saving grace is completely moot now. (Online play, and even then they overcomplicated it by forcing the whole friend code shit and requiring the basement in the pokemon centers to use.) And unfortunately for X and Y, everything BAD about Diamond and Pearl EXCEPT the necessity of Defog, thank Arceus, (but even then they buffed that to actually be a decent move now,) returned: slow plots, uninteresting and weirder looking wig-wearing evil team, and THOSE GOD DAMN MARSHLANDS (which before the first update would crash your game if you were riding your bike in them and got stuck).

I honestly love all of the music in all the Pokemon games, and I really love the new soundtrack for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I actually watched the trailers over and over again just for the music, but I think, compared to the originals, the graphics have improved so much! I really can't wait to get a taste of hoenn I never had!

Also, I would like the Gameboy sounds to return. I was really happy for that to be in Heartgold and Soulsilver, and I would really like it to be available in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

After comparing the two, there is so much more to compare - the music is similar, and enhanced, while cutscenes are much better.

After seeing those brand new trailers I really look forward to them. And I was already really excited from the three trailers from two days ago.
Wonder if they'll give even more trailers before release date...? :D

The videos are flipped left/right - 左 in the title means "left" and 右 means "right", so the R/S videos should be on the left and the OR/AS videos on the right. Since there's some cute visual gimmicks that only make sense when the videos are set up like this, could you switch them?

Back