New 'Magikarp and Gyarados Make-Believe Pikachu Box!'

Awesome!, Although I fear these will join the list of more recent Pikachu cards that are Japan only.

I need this in my life. ;~; Going to get in touch with Sunyshore and see if they'll be able to pick one up and ship it to me.

From this page it looks like the Japanese Title is "コイキングごっこ&ギャラドスごっこピカチュ".

Yes, this is a Pokémon Center exclusive item, which means that it won't be available for regular online shops like AmiAmi. However, you can very likely acquire the product via a Pokémon Reseller or a Middleman service. For more information, you can check out our guide for Getting Stuff From Japan.

EDIT: In fact, I've already received a reply from the good people over at Sunyshore saying they'll be taking orders for it, so that's one place for sure you'll be able to get it from.

Those cards look soooo cute!! Too bad I'm kinda broke by buying a Pokémon Elite Trainer Box, 2 theme decks and a total of 5 Pokémon Season DVD boxes the last couple of months.. :oops:

Yes, this is a Pokémon Center exclusive item, which means that it won't be available for regular online shops like AmiAmi. However, you can very likely acquire the product via a Pokémon Reseller or a Middleman service. For more information, you can check out our guide for Getting Stuff From Japan.

EDIT: In fact, I've already received a reply from the good people over at Sunyshore saying they'll be taking orders for it, so that's one place for sure you'll be able to get it from.

I just signed up for Sunyshore to try and get this item from them but I can't find a TCG section on their site, do you know where the item would be listed?

I'm really excited to get these and add them to the full art collection

I just signed up for Sunyshore to try and get this item from them but I can't find a TCG section on their site, do you know where the item would be listed?

I'm really excited to get these and add them to the full art collection

The e-mail I received from them said it would probably be a couple days before the product is listed, and it won't be available in stores until late June anyway. Just keep checking back once a day or so; that's what I plan to do, anyway. :)

Sunyshore typically doesn't carry many TCG products (which is why I e-mailed to see if they would be offering it in the first place), so you may just want to check in the "New Products" section.

It's too bad we're not likely to get these in English. Then again I guess we shouldn't be surprised. We can't even get the shiny Mega Gengar that was released last year.

An update from Sunyshore:

They will not be offering pre-orders for this product (probably since they're not sure how many they'll be able to get), but they will be listing as many boxes as they can get once they have acquired them. So, check back on June 26th! :)

How much is shipping typically from Sunyshore? My girlfriend is looking to grab two if she can.

There's no way to tell how much shipping will cost for this product because it hasn't come out yet. International shipping costs mostly vary based on weight. Sunyshore also adds a small handling fee to account for packaging costs, etc. You'll be able to get your shipping total when you make your purchase.

the cards of pikachu are so adorable, i just love the idea, and i hope this gets localised for other countries, it probably wont, but still.

Sunyshore charges more than MSRP as their commission fee for spending the time and effort to obtain these goods. Limited time, PokéCenter-only TCG products especially (like this one!) are a pain to get because the stores are very crowded and busy, like shopping in a popular store in the US on Black Friday. Because the shop is run by fans who resell product to other fans (rather than being a large corporate entity like AmiAmi that receives wholesaler discounts), these fees are the only way they actually make money from sales, and therefore how they can afford to stay in business and offer us these cool products.

Honestly, Sunyshore's mark-ups are pretty reasonable, especially when you compare to some of the ebay listings up for the same product. I'm seeing 2 different listings available now, one for US$86 and one for US$62+shipping. PokéVault, another popular Pokémon reseller website, is selling the full boxes for US$85+shipping, or as individual pieces for the various contents.

If you'd like to see some other options for purchasing, I would suggest you check out the Getting Stuff From Japan guide in the collector's forum that I wrote up with the help of SR. One of the section contains links to various Middleman services, which are basically website companies that allow you to shop and bid for items from Japan-only sites, such as Yahoo!Japan and Amazon Japan. Keep in mind that services do also charge their own commission fees for the work that they do, though you may still be able to find a better deal through one of them if you work at it.

I ordered my box from Sunyshore today. :) I'll probably still be on vacation when it arrives, but it will be something nice for me to look forward to when I come home.

Back