• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard New-Look Quad Lapras

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
Hey all!
I haven't posted decklists in a while here, but this is a list I made and am currently very excited about. I've put a new spin on the quad lapras deck that saw success at some points last year, but takes a very different stance to the mill deck it used to be. Take a look, feedback is appreciated!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Wobbuffet PHF 36
* 4 Lapras-GX SUM 139
* 1 Wishiwashi-GX GRI 38

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N FCO 105
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 3 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Explanations

-2 Wobbuffet PHF: This Pokemon is something for you to sit behind while you set up your laprases. Sure, it may not shut out Lele like Glaceon, but I prefer Wobb to Glaceon on these 2 reasons: it can shut off things like Octillery and Oranguru too, and only gives up 1 prize. You aim to promote wobb straight after a lapras goes down or while you set up.

-3 professor Kukui: Kukui helps you to hit crucial numbers, like Zoroark-GX, Golisopod-GX, Lycanroc-GX, Espeon-GX, Glaceon-GX, Leafeon-GX... the list goes on. 3 is a good count since it means you aren't stuck with them all the time but have enough to get those crucial knockouts.

-1 Wishiwashi-GX: Wishiwashi is an attacker not weak to grass which helps against Golisopod, is fatter than lapras and also can deny energy from your opponent. Blue Surge is also nice to hit huge numbers and conserve energies. Sure, 5 energy is a lot, but it's not out of the question when you use the deck.

Hi. I really like the deck and I think that it is pretty consistent but the only things I would change are:

-1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

-1 Professor Sycamore (You have enough draw support)

+1 Tapu Fini GX (The GX attack is great and it can also Snipe)

+1 Manaphy EX (Giving all the Pokemon with water energy free retreat is better than the DW Necrozma but you could use both i you want to)

I hope that you find my suggestions helpful :)

Hi. I really like the deck and I think that it is pretty consistent but the only things I would change are:

-1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

-1 Professor Sycamore (You have enough draw support)

+1 Tapu Fini GX (The GX attack is great and it can also Snipe)

+1 Manaphy EX (Giving all the Pokemon with water energy free retreat is better than the DW Necrozma but you could use both i you want to)

I hope that you find my suggestions helpful :)
I would keep the DWN, as wobb shuts off manaphy's ability, but DWN isn't affected so it is the better choice in my opinion. Very good list though and can't see anything else I would change.

It's a good concept, but I haven't had much success with it. I ran into a similar list last week and tested it a bit. Golisopod tears this deck apart.

Personally, I would take the Wishiwashi-GX out. I'd also rather run Nest Ball and/or Brooklet Hill over the one Brigette. This deck needs to set up fast so being able to use Sycamore or Cynthia is better Turn 1. Other than that I think your list looks fine.

Back