• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard New-ish Player, Garbador?

William Mosetter

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all,

ok so I played way way way back when in the WOTC era. I then lost touch of the card game and didn't get back into it until when Black & White era started. I tapped out at the last plasma set before X&Y started. well now I'm back! my sons 13 now and he's super interested in playing and we decided to jump in full force. when the world opens back up a bit we may do league play and tourneys but for now were just having fun getting back into it. when I played during B&W my main deck that I played during league was a Garbador disruptor deck. So my question is there any thing like that in the current rotation? I love being a bit of nuisance and make you really earn a W. any help is greatly appreciated THANKS!

jo94

Gen 3 lover
If you mean ability lock garbodor, well then fortunately there's nothing that broken nowadays. There are some option to ability lock, but none of them is very good. If you like disruption style decks you may give Inteleon VMAX a try, it is a nice energy distuption deck.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Whenever you were playing in the BW era, was the Garbodor deck you played Sableye/Darkrai/Garb? If it was, something very similar to that archetype in the current format would be Etern Hammers. It's a Dark type attacking deck that plays Crushing Hammers and tries to Ability lock with Power Plant to shut down your opponent's board while you swing with Eternatus V Max. If you played Sableye/Darkrai/Garb, this is a very similar deck in play style, but obviously 8 years of power creep has changed a few things to say the least. Here's a list that my friend Eddie used to top 4 LOS #25 a couple weeks ago:

4 Eternatus V DAA 116
4 Eternatus VMAX DAA 117
4 Crobat V SHF 44
2 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
2 Yveltal TEU 95
1 Hoopa DAA 111

4 Professor's Research SHF 60
4 Marnie CPA 56
3 Boss's Orders SHF 58
1 Phoebe BST 130
4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
4 Quick Ball SSH 179