Discussion New Format?

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Now that SM5 is on the horizon, I feel like we should get a new format. BW-XY would give more room to many cards that target only EX's but not GXs, and I feel that a BW-XY format (maybe Neo-Legacy or something) could allow some cards to shine. Some cards in particular that come to mind include:

BKP Garchomp
FCO Carbink
PLB Suicune

It also allows some deck ideas that people may have missed the opportunity to test before SUM came out. I don't know, but many times I've just come up with ideas for decks only to realize they no longer work in SUM.

If a format isn't going to get official support such as tournaments or product that sustains the format then no one is going to play in that format

i was thinking more of something like legacy, where maybe they could add it to just TCGO or something like that.

I would love to see a errata that allows cards targeting EXs to also target GXs. That would be freakin legit.

No new format, but I would like to see rules that make errata referring to EXs also apply to GXs and vice versa. Especially in personal experience: I use a Lunala deck, and Lunar Fall GX can target EX Pokémon for two free prize cards; I feel this is too cheap. In addition, I think Bridgette being able to call basic GXs is too powerful.

And almost no one plays that format

One must also factor in how difficult it is to get going in that format... and how many people are playing on the PTCGO as a whole.

No, I don't know the numbers. I just know that I enjoy the Legacy Format but once it became a thing, I focused on building multiple, competitive decks for it. Right now, I mostly play the Theme Deck format (the SM Theme decks are finally a step in the right direction) and the Legacy Format. I've got the cards to make something decent, maybe even good, in the Standard and/or Expanded Format, I just don't have the motivation.

Back