New D&P rules: for better or for worse?

I think the rules will put a new edge on the game, with more new pokemon available each with their own weakness and resistance. It should make the game more fun and balanced. I'm looking foward to it.

I believe the rule changes are for the better. No trainer first turn means less OTK and puts an end to first turn trappers (Lass, Imposter Oak, Rocekt's Trap, etc.) :D Not having to put fossils if it's the only basic drawn is a also a plus, though I hate the fat that they count as prizes now... At least, they could have stall. Now, they're nigh worthless. :(

bad!

as for now, going first already suks, as we cant use supporter, and few months to come, we cant play any trainers if we're going first???? bad!

I think in the long run, this is good.
However, many of us are going to have trouble with the transition... I'll miss ex's. I guess that's lame. But they're amazing, and stupid Lv.X Pokemon can't replace them.

I'm not too big on leveling up, either.

The rules are ok. The game needed a change. However, until we start playing with these rules, I couldn't tell you whether I liked them or not.

i think leveling up ur pokemon = evolving ur pokemon right?

BTW, weakness doesnt sounds scary anymore, they're mostly +20/30, which is always better than x 2

Yeah, weakness changes are the best! You could have the greatest Blaziken deck ever and all your opponent has to do is play water and you are toast. That is the most broken part of pokemon and they are getting rid of it. Yeah!!!!

And the pokemon level x, they are not anywhere near stupid, considering that you don't even need to risk 2 prizes and still do up to 130 (Possibly more).

Anything new is good. I can't wait for the new basic Dark and Metal energies. Now, Charizard* could see some light.

I think its for worse
If these rules applies:
weakness:first we will double it then add either 10 or 20 that would be so much damage our pokemon will be K.O.d fast.But if its just +10,20,30 thats ok and the rules will be for better.
Resistance:just subtract 10 or 20 (in some cards)
thats not fair!

Turn 1 stage 2 is gone, which is a very very bad thing for those fast stage 2's like Tyranitar ex etc. But still good, as the game continues, new rules are born, making it more challenging and mindtwisting.

Ghost Pokemon Master said:
I think its for worse
If these rules applies:
weakness:first we will double it then add either 10 or 20 that would be so much damage our pokemon will be K.O.d fast.But if its just +10,20,30 thats ok and the rules will be for better.
Resistance:just subtract 10 or 20 (in some cards)
thats not fair!

Umm.. I think you misinterpret it. When applying weakness, now it does +30/20/etc. damage, not x 2 + weakness. It's no longer a multiplication but addition.

I didnt see it that way.Ok then if that rule applies now I think the Diamond and Pearl rules are more better than old rules and they are for good.

I like just adding damage and not doubling it.

why would so many thought that the new weakness count is x 2 and then + ( ) ?
it's actually simple, whats the damage? 20 is it? then add 10/20/30, and u got the damage!

kravenace said:
Turn 1 stage 2 is gone, which is a very very bad thing for those fast stage 2's like Tyranitar ex etc. But still good, as the game continues, new rules are born, making it more challenging and mindtwisting.

what do u mean turn 1 stage 2 is gone?? wich new rule implies that?? :rolleyes:

InfiniteMasterEx said:
I remember reading it's a standard +30 damage for all non-DP pokemon. Forgot here though...

"If running ex and DP cards together in a deck, damage done to DP series cards is calculated with addition and subtraction while ex cards take double damage for weakness and -30 damage for resistance. "
(PokeBeach, 2006)

There you go, all D/P cards have their special +20, and -10 but the EX cards are still played the same way. This is just clarification.

Go to The PokeBeach D/P Rule Page for further information.

I think these rules will help the game saty around longer, as stupid as that sounds. More people will stay interested in it because it changes the game. Weakness and resistence will not be as important in this game anymore because when decks become totally D/P (When modified is D/P-on) people will not make decks to explout weakness, because it won't do much for them.
~Aagron_92 :)

Back