New Card Sleeve Rule For POP/PUI Efeective 4/29/06

EeveeLover

EeveeLover from the 'Gym
Originally Posted by Mike Liesik on the POP Prof boards
Card sleeve policy change
**Please disseminate this information to your players!**

With the increase in popularity of art-backed sleeves, a wide array of designs are now available to players. These new sleeves continue to push the envelope in order to draw players’ attention. Unfortunately, many of these new sleeves depict images that are contrary to Pokémon’s desired brand image.

In addition to the matter of inappropriate imagery, there is also an issue of potential cheating. The complexity of the art on many of these sleeves creates a far greater ability for a dishonest player to mark his or her cards without a judge discovering those marks. While Pokémon Organized Play has yet to learn of a player using these sleeves to mark cards, we are aware that it is a possibility.

Taking these two issues into account, Pokémon Organized Play has decided to reverse its policy on art-backed sleeves. Effective April 24th, 2006, the use of art-backed sleeves at all non-Prerelease Premier Events is strictly prohibited. The use of art-backed sleeves at all other sanctioned Pokémon Organized Play tournaments is subject to the approval of the event’s Head Judge.

This has been posted on the POP Professor Forum and the Pokegym Forums.

FYI for all players.

Wow. I never even thought of that. Good thing I have art-backed and plain sleeves... I personally preferred the ones with art because I could tell if my cards were upside-down in my deck, or if my deck wasn't placed the way I want it. It's annoying when you pick up your hand after setting it down to shuffle your deck and it's upside down, or if you draw a card and it's upside down or whatnot... but these are two very valid points. I personally am glad that this change is coming about.

But by art-backed, does that mean anything that isn't a plain-colored back? Some of the sleeves I have are holo-y, but have no art on them.

RE:  New Card Sleeve Rule For POP/PUI Efeective 4/29/06

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
But by art-backed, does that mean anything that isn't a plain-colored back? Some of the sleeves I have are holo-y, but have no art on them.

From what POP/PUI is saying, the ban includes all artwork, logos, Shinies, Holos, even the Pokemon card game sleeves from Japan.

If it is plain colors or clear it is leagal.

Wowsers.

Well, all right. Thanks for the information.

I think that won't be a problem, it's just that when your sleeves have pictures on them, you can easily mark your cards without it is noticed.
when you sleeves are opal coloured, there's no problem, not even if it is shiny or reflecting for that matter :)

ACCORDING TO POP/PUI: NO SHINY< HOLO< ART< DESIGNS<ECT.

ONLY PLAIN COLOR OR CLEAR OR NON SLEEVED.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Back