New Blastoise V and Venusaur V Releasing in China, Long After Pokemon V Are Over!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
New full art versions of Venusaur V and Blastoise V have been revealed for China’s latest Pokemon TCG set. This is the first time we’re seeing these cards — and it’s long after the reign of Pokemon V are over.

Venusaur-V-143x200.jpeg

Blastoise-V-143x200.jpeg

Originally we did not get full art versions of Venusaur V or Blastoise V. This is because in Japan the two cards released in December 2020’s VMAX Starter Set Decks, which precluded any full arts. We received the same cards in our Venusaur vs. Blastoise V Battle Decks.

en_US-Promo_SWSH-SWSH100-venusaur_v_jpg-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Man I got excited and thought they were getting completely new cards. Like new moves and maybe Blastoise would be good. I love Blastoise so a good card to build around would've been great. We also probably won't see these in English so that would squash that dream too.

Does this mean that china has their own like competitor rules for tourneys? Cause if I’m not mistaken these cards aren’t even legal anymore in standard or are about to not be soon. They also by giving china special rules and arts cause those cards to be Uber valuable and over inflates the market for them. Very weird but at the same time I get it. $$$$$$$$

Does this mean that china has their own like competitor rules for tourneys? Cause if I’m not mistaken these cards aren’t even legal anymore in standard or are about to not be soon. They also by giving china special rules and arts cause those cards to be Uber valuable and over inflates the market for them. Very weird but at the same time I get it. $$$$$$$$
Correct. Until they catch up with Japan they will have their own regulation bubble, although it basically means they're just playing a format from 6-12 months ago.

Correct. Until they catch up with Japan they will have their own regulation bubble, although it basically means they're just playing a format from 6-12 months ago.
It’s deff weird that china is in its own bubble that they needed their own sense of the rules

It’s deff weird that china is in its own bubble that they needed their own sense of the rules
It is to be expected as they are still catching up to the Japanese release schedule. SEA regions had the same thing too, with Thai and Indonesian versions notably released the entire Tag Team block in one set. Fun times.

What is weird, though, is that they have exclusive secret rares like these. They're entirely new, and neither the Thai nor Indonesian versions had an exclusive release.

Back