New Bear Pokemon Kiteruguma and Ghost Pokemon Mimikkyu in 'CoroCoro!'

I hope I don't start a flame war with this, but... Personally, I love the design and concept of Kiteruguma. It's a cute pokemon that's clearly lethal and, although it may be possibly based on bear hugs, I like how it's not actually a bear but a red panda. Personally, I can't help but feel like it also has lots of potential as possibly the 7th gen Snorlax. All the hate I'm seeing online I feel is quite immature, as I'm just seeing people left and right say how Kiteruguma is the absolute worst pokemon ever, how they don't want to get the games anymore, and how it's a clear sign GF is dead and whatnot. I personally believe it's more just another pokemon design. I mean, look at Muk, Voltorb, Quagsire, Barboach, Seedot, Dragonite, and many others. They're simply just what they are, nothing special, no deep meaning. Not every pokemon has to have some ambiguous source for their design and inspiration, and I think most of us forget that. Sure Garbodor is literally trash, sure Vanillish is an ice cream cone, sure Kiteruguma is a bear hug, sure Charizard is just a fire-breathing dragon. Does any of that really have to dictate whether or not a pokemon is good or should have been made? Does any of that give us the right to say whether or not an entire generation sucks or GameFreak is giving up or losing ideas? I don't think so. I think it's just us being a bit spoiled and bratty, wanting a lot more pokemon to be like Dialga, Rayquaza, Lucario, and Tyranitar when they don't need to be.

Uhh... With all that being said, I just hope I don't start any trouble and I'm sorry if I did.

Mimikkiu's typing- Fairy/Ghost is really interesting.

Weak to: Steel and Ghost.
Resist to: Bug.
Immune to: Normal, Fighting and Dragon

There are not many ghost types that can stand against pursuit users, and Mimikkiu (or its evolution maybe) might be one of these Pokemon.

Kiteruguma is another favourite of mine. I actually welcome a natural Normal/Fighting Type that does not require transformation to use in battle this time around.

I think it will have a pre-evolution, since the design does look like final evolution tier. It's entry implies that it might be a very strong physical attacker. I can see it having reasonably good physical attack, and I think it will have some great HP to back it up. I do think it will be rather slow, though, like Pangoro or Ursaring.

Mimikkiu gets bonus points for it's creepy lore, plus a new Type combo. I shall see if I can make room for it on my Gen 7 journey to give this poor thing the love it deserves.

This has been said ever since Generation 4... No. That's not true. Just because you guys don't like the designs doesn't mean they're "running out of ideas".
Did I ever say I didn't like the design? I LOVE the design, I just think that this isn't the most original thing here. It's wearing a little cloth based on popular Pikachu toys from 20 YEARS AGO.

It's a cheesy gimmick that's just reminding us all for the 57th time that's it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon...

You gotta remember, a 20th anniversary is as big in Japan as someone turning 50 in America or a quinciñera (if I spelled it right) is to a Mexican family. 20 is an overall really important number in Japan overall

Did I ever say I didn't like the design? I LOVE the design, I just think that this isn't the most original thing here. It's wearing a little cloth based on popular Pikachu toys from 20 YEARS AGO.

It's a cheesy gimmick that's just reminding us all for the 57th time that's it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon...
Forget 57th, more like the 57,000th.

Derpbear is amazing, and Ghostchu is cool. Not too big on the Pikachu tie though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back