New Bear Pokemon Kiteruguma and Ghost Pokemon Mimikkyu in 'CoroCoro!'

The bear just looks plain, and uninteresting. And I thought Pelipper was bad... As for the ghost Pokemon, I think it's a sign of Gamefreak losing ideas, but I think it's backstory of just wanting to be loved is adorable! :)
How would you design a Pokemon with that kind of backstory? Considering the story I think the design is just plain amazing. I love it and it's an automatic team member in my first play through. I just don't see where it's not creative

People will have different tastes for various Pokemon and some designs will work better for others. There's so many to choose from and while you have some that don't catch your eye right away there are always others more suited to your tastes.

I can normally list off a few favorites per Gen that they added in some are smaller lists for sure but there is normally another I end up liking. Right now I'm not feeling any warm fuzzy feelings in my heart for the new bear the friendly ghost on the other hand has caught my eye.

For the Bear they are having an adorable beast that doesn't know it's own strength I am curious of it's final evolution but right now the teddy bear is just OK for me.

So far, I am utterly disappointed in this generation. The Pokemon designs are awful.
Like that freaking "hug to death" bear.

But in all honesty, I politely disagree. I think many of the designs from this generation are unique and fleshed out, and I think they're great. A few of them I didn't like at first, but they've quickly grown on me. Like Bruxish.

I also find some of their inspiration quite unique and true to the location and environment of Alola (or in other words Hawaii), which few Pokemon were able to manage in Gen V and not too many either in Gen VI. This trait alone makes Alola stand out, as it seems they put a bit more time and care into many of the designs of certain Pokemon to make them stand out compared to others from past generations.

However, every generation has some crummy Pokemon, and Alola is no exception (puts up a flame shield, but this is MY opinion). Pokemon such as Drampa, Kiteruguma, and Yungoos seem a little weaker to me. Two of them because why? What's their whole point? Then one because of the loudmouth billionaire himself, Donald Trump, who's already everywhere on the news. I don't need him here.

I don't find this generation dissapointing in the slightest like I did Generation V, which SUCKED in Pokemon design in my honest opinion. But Gen VII so far isn't keeping up with Gen VI's amazing Pokemon designs, which is the flaw holding this generation back as of now. But that in NO way means that these new Pokemon designs suck. I think they're pretty great and many of them like Bruxish, Popplio, and Charjabug are given hate that they don't deserve at all.

But Alola's Pokemon overall are very solid, unique, and stay true to real things in Hawaii.
Pokemon Design: 8.5/10

Last edited:
I can't say about these right now, until pokemon.com will give us the English names about these new ones. We don't know their Height/Weight, Ability description (who knows their ability will be OP.), and their background if they're friendly or hostile.

Both are in the new japanese trailer!

(pikaboo is traded for pancham, its really quick)

I'm surprised no one's really discussing this lol - not even for the fact Pikaboo's in it but even that pose the trainer pulls in battle that the kids mimic. It could be like the movie thing from XY but the fact the glowing gold Pikachu was shown immediately after is kinda... yo. Also the fact there are moves in Battle Royals that can hit EVERY Poke. Nice.

But more on topic, I am ADORING these new 'Mon! Pikaboo is adorable as heck and Bearhug is precious. Both their stories are a little sad if you think.

Gen 7 is so good.

Edit: And the Tauros Head Smash riding, the scene right before the fireworks, and my friend said something about bathing Pokemon? (Edit 2: the hairdrier with Pikachu in the Amie thing was it hehe) lol idk but dang it's such a fleshed out world.

Last edited:
I really like the little ghost Pikaboo guy. I'm not sure if I would be super happy or super disappointed if that really ends up being its localized name. :p Bearhug is also pretty cute.

Both seem quite...unattractive (?) for me the first time I saw these pokemon. But my opinion on mimikyu has changed, maybe because of the typing and the back story. I personally hope she would evolve into a pokemon which could be popular even without that pikachu costume. That bear, on the other side, remains unattractive to me, as it's very plain in my opinion.

The red panda looks pretty cool. I can see it evolving into Fairy/Fighting.

Also, I love Mimikkyu. It's so adorable!

Also does anyone know why Rockruff/Iwanko is all over these pages ?

He's giving his opinions on the new Pokemon.

Oh, cool.

Someone also suggested that mascots may have played a part in making this new Pokemon, especially since they're popular in Japan.

This time they really have run out of ideas. I was really looking forward to this generation, now I have doubts.

Mixing different kind of bears/panda to make one bear pokemon. Then the ghost pokemon, which is just a pikachu ripoff, no creativity in the making of it. It wouldn't surprise me if it's called pikaboo in English.

As for the ghost Pokemon, I think it's a sign of Gamefreak losing ideas

This has been said ever since Generation 4... No. That's not true. Just because you guys don't like the designs doesn't mean they're "running out of ideas".

They have tons of animals, plants, and ideas/concepts that they haven't used. They can even expand on the current Pokemon they've made. They're not going to run out of ideas.

Both are in the new japanese trailer!

(pikaboo is traded for pancham, its really quick)
Pokebeach not going to report this video? There's so much in it!
You can take off your hat, riding a bunch of different pokemon and what appears to be some kind of super move that is probably what fills in that 5th move slot we have seen.

Just a thought, but my thinking is that when Mimikyu evolves, the lore behind it will be that it finally felt loved enough to ditch the cloak and be its own individual Pokemon.

Ya know. Kind of like people that try to look like others until they're finally accepted and can be themselves.

Kiteruguma looks like a hug crusher version of Rilakuma and Mimikkyu has a cool concept and I hope it appears well into the next Halloween Pokemon Center campaign. It's identity concept reminds me to something like what Cubone is and yet for some reason I keep thinking it to Tonberry's for some reason?...

At this rate, we'll see pieces of A4 paper revealed as Gen 8 Pokémon.
Then we'll finally have the Rock, Paper, Scissors trio completed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I have never disliked a pokemon and I still don't. As for the bear it might not be my favorite pokemon but it's still better in my opinion than electivire and all the others from gen 4. Except for gliscor

That bear could be a gummybear, only not a real nice one. It is just not enough bear. For me one of the worst new gen so far. The ghost-Pika is nice. Kind of sad in some way.

I have loved every single design this gen other than Bruxish. The Ghost is incomprehensibly awesome.

Back