XY New Abilities and effects?

.Towelette

YOLO'er
Anyone else wondering about the new Abilities? Discuss here about your suggestions and ideas for new abilities.

Overeager: always deliver the first attack against each of your opponent's Pokemon; Every time your opponent sends out a new Pokemon, you deliver the first attack against them. An opponent can avoid this by swapping out their Pokemon (since you would attack anyway).

Chivalry: attacks are stronger by default, but you can't deal critical hits

Cold Feet: same as Truant, but on a different, more appropriate powerful Pokemon

Dry Ice: 10% chance to inflict Frozen status when physical contact is made. -OR- 30% chance to inflict 1/16th damage when physical damage is made.

Tectonics: Upon entry removes entry hazards. (Spikes, Toxic spikes etc)

Plucked: Removes status conditions when switched out. (For bird/avian Pokemon)

Mountaineer: Rock, Ground, and Steel type moves are increased by 20% but lose any secondary effects.

Siphon: Water type immunity + attack by 1 stage when water moves used on it.

Metagame Destruction: Automatically sets Stealth Rocks. Available on all species. Except Regigigas.

Great Wall: Doubles Def. and Sp.Def. Exclusive to Shuckle, Blissey and Sableye.

Retaliation: Another variation of Iron Barbs and Rough Skin.

Max Volume: Raises power of sound-based moves.

Scavenger: Randomly finds berries in the overworld. [Like Harvest]

Resistance: Priority move's effects do not effect the user. For example: Aerial Ace will not have a 100% chance of hitting no matter what.

.Towelette said:
Resistance: Priority move's effects do not effect the user. For example: Aerial Ace will not have a 100% chance of hitting no matter what.

Aerial Ace is not a priority move.

Swellow is just really fast...

Pokequaza said:
.Towelette said:

Aerial Ace is not a priority move.

Swellow is just really fast...

You know what I mean. Quick Attack doesn't always go first, Shock Wave doesn't have a 100% chance of hitting no matter what with my made up Ability.

If they made another computer-made Pokemon like Porygon, it'd be cool to have it have a slight variation on Kecleon's Color Change. Specifically, instead of changing the user's type to the same type as the attack that just hit it, it changes the user's type to one that resists or is immune to it. Like an automatic Conversion 2.
For example, the Pokemon with this ability (let's call it Retexture; why not) gets hit with Ember. Their type changes to Water. Then they get hit with Tackle, and their type changes to Ghost. And so on. Could be neat. :u

I want a legendary that manipulates gravity...its ability would be the effect of the move gravity, lasting as long as its on the field.
Add Ground type for STAB Earthquakes and let the fun begin.

frezgle said:
If they made another computer-made Pokemon like Porygon, it'd be cool to have it have a slight variation on Kecleon's Color Change. Specifically, instead of changing the user's type to the same type as the attack that just hit it, it changes the user's type to one that resists or is immune to it. Like an automatic Conversion 2.
For example, the Pokemon with this ability (let's call it Retexture; why not) gets hit with Ember. Their type changes to Water. Then they get hit with Tackle, and their type changes to Ghost. And so on. Could be neat. :u

would it choose randomly (why water and not rock/dragon/fire)?

would immunities have priority over resistances (meaning steel on poison since normal gets u ghost?)?

And if the answer is yes to either or both, your type would probably turn to Steel the most.

It would work the same or mostly the same way as Conversion 2, which I think (not 100% sure since it's not a move I use too often) chooses randomly among immunities/resistances. I'm not sure if immunities have priority, but I'm inclined to say they should for the sake of such an ability. Would make it that much more useful.

Here is my idea:

Rally-When your HP is in the red your attack and sp. attack go up by 3 stages. The effect wears off if your HP is restored out of the red.

Pokemon that have this ability
Lilipup line, Tyrouge line, and Sylveon

Reggie McGigas said:
Here is my idea:

Rally-When your HP is in the red your attack and sp. attack go up by 3 stages. The effect wears off if your HP is restored out of the red.

Dang, a fast 'mon with that ability could wreck Pokemon that are slower than it.

It would also be scary if you used False Swipe on say, a wild Lillipup and it ended up destroying you.

Ice Slide - doubles Speed of Ice types in Hail

Bravery - your attacks do more damage if the foe is on a higher level than the attack.

Solar Gain - 1/16th of HP is gained in Sun.

I HAITZ STONEZ-stealth rocks do double damage. charizard exclusive
*been spending too long on GameFAQs*

.Towelette said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Here is my idea:

Dang, a fast 'mon with that ability could wreck Pokemon that are slower than it.

It would also be scary if you used False Swipe on say, a wild Lillipup and it ended up destroying you.

Well, yeah. It's somewhat broken. Maybe defense is reduced by one stage. Also if they still have dream world then Pokemon like Donaphan and Ursurang shoud have that ability.

If you use False Swipe, you probably want to catch it. Hitmonlee already uses a similar strategy which consists of using a Focus Sash with the ability Unburden. Gets its speed double making it difficult to KO and with the attack can do fairly well.

With the one of Gravity, maybe even one with TR (it would become broken and really difficult for some teams) with a move/ability to cancel it (other than TR, something that eliminates all effects on the field).

Just want to say that I love Tectonics and Siphon. I want those to be real.

Gravitate: Simulates the effects of the move Gravity for as long as the Pokemon is out (just putting a name to the ability being discussed)
Truce: Neither Pokemon can use damaging moves while this Pokemon is out (Struggle excluded) (may be overpowered in shutting down HO teams)
Electron: Pressure for Electric-types (Zapdos, you traitor)
Desertification: Heals 1/16th of HP in sand each turn

I can come up with some more later.

~AoH

-Supercharge (Powers up Electric moves in a pinch)
-Medium (Absorbs Psychic moves, healing 1/4 max HP)
-Snowplow (doubles the user's Speed stat in Hail)
-Outstare (Reduces opponents Sp.Atk when sent into battle)
-Mountaineer (Powers down super-effective moves)
-Heat Boost (Raises the user's Speed when hit by a Fire attack)

Speaking of Fire abilities...the eeveelutions are still lacking a second ability (excluding hidden ones).
Flareon - Heat Boost
Jolteon - Motor Drive
Vaporeon - Storm Drain
Espeon - Medium
Umbreon - Prankster (HAHAHAHAHAHHA)
Leafeon - Natural Cure
Glaceon - Clear Body

Is this thread also about old pokemon getting nice abilities if they dont already have 3? ;D

Mitja said:
Is this thread also about old pokemon getting nice abilities if they dont already have 3? ;D

Sure. This is just a thread to discuss new possible Abilities, Make your own, and share them.

Dry Bones - Immune to health-absorbing moves. (EX. Absorb, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, etc.)

Overbite - 'Bite moves such as Poison Fang and Crunch's power are increased by 20. Similar to Iron Fist

Mirror Body - Like Iron Barbs, but for SP. Attacks.

Desperation - Struggle does x2 the damage then normal.

Wrong Wire - Pokemon automatically uses "Explosion" when it has 1% HP left.

Deadweight - Doubles the Pokemon's weight.

Ectotherm - Heals the Pokemon's HP by 10 in Sunlight

-Dark Mana (Doubles the pokemon's attack in the night)
-Solara Boost (Powers up all status when sunny)
-Hyper Driver (Attacks first when HP is 30% or lower)
-Core Seal (Weaks Explosion and Selfdestruct's damage)
-Core Buster (Doubles Explosion and Selfdestruct damage)
-Titanium Torrent (Steel Type only. Raises defense and sp. defense by three points against a fire type)

.Towelette said:
Mitja said:

Sure. This is just a thread to discuss new possible Abilities, Make your own, and share them.

Dry Bones - Immune to health-absorbing moves. (EX. Absorb, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, etc.)

Overbite - 'Bite moves such as Poison Fang and Crunch's power are increased by 20. Similar to Iron Fist

Mirror Body - Like Iron Barbs, but for SP. Attacks.

Desperation - Struggle does x2 the damage then normal.

Wrong Wire - Pokemon automatically uses "Explosion" when it has 1% HP left.

Deadweight - Doubles the Pokemon's weight.

Ectotherm - Heals the Pokemon's HP by 10 in Sunlight

For Wrong Wire, use a low-HP Pokémon, use Endure, and Explode afterwards.

Back