New “Ultra-Premium Collection” and V Box in October!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve just learned a new “Ultra-Premium Collection” will release in America and Europe in October. It will retail for around $120.
It will come with…

1 Foil Special Art VSTAR Card (etched)
1 Foil Special Art VMAX Card (etched)
1 Foil Special Art V Card (etched)
16 Boosters Packs
1 Collector’s Guide
1 TCG Rulebook
1 Foil Stitched Playmat
1 Set of Sleeves
1 Metallic Coin
1 Set of Metal Damage Dice
1 Set of metal Special Condition and VSTAR markers
1 Code Card

TPCi has released three “Ultra-Premium Collections” in the past. Two were associated with holiday sets, one was a general collection for the Sword & Shield series. At this time we’re not sure if this product is indicating a new holiday set for 2022.
The fact the collection features a V, VMAX, and VSTAR card — the three main mechanics of the era — could indicate this is a general collection celebrating the entire Sword & Shield series. Since Scarlet and Violet are right around the corner, it could be a celebratory “sendoff”...

Continue reading...

So an international equivalent to the Precious Collector Box that Japan is getting? They could've included the Pikachu promo at least.
Also, maybe this is what they are saving Deoxys and/or Zeraora for?

Nope. They never state the existence of two boxes or two sets of promos. But now I'm interested! Or at least curious. I was expecting that we'd get the Origin Form Sinnoh box legend V full arts in this year's Ultra Premium Collection, but now I suppose they'll be shoved either into some other box, or into our November set (which will probably resemble Fusion Strike in terms of having oodles of miscellaneous cards shoved in it), OR into a hitherto unannounced holiday set. I'm not sure on what dates each of the original holiday sets were previously leaked, but since we don't get the trademarks for English set names dropped six or more months in advance the way we do for Japanese set names, there's a chance that we could still get one out of the blue.

The question is... what would The Pokemon Company International put in such a set? Special cards from VSTAR Universe? Maybe, but then would we see them all in the United States before Japan, like with shiny Charizard V? Or would the set release in December alongside the Japanese equivalent? Or, more unlikely still, would the holiday set release in January (or perhaps February) of the following year? The fact is, we don't know what sorts of cards Pokemon might choose to put in VSTAR Universe of even if there will be a comparable subset to Shiny Star V or VMAX Climax. (P.S. Climax does not mean "the end of", but rather "the height of" or "the peak of", so getting a slow trickle of VMAXs after VMAX Climax should have been expected. They certainly didn't call it VMAX Resolution!) GX Ultra Shiny was sandwiched between two Holiday sets with fairly small subsets/chase card archetypes. Which doesn't really say anything one way or the other, since on the one hand, Tag All Stars only had a few Full Arts, Alternate Arts, and Hyper Rares, plus a dozen or two Full Art Supporters (all of these being your Secret Rare or two for the box) and a guaranteed textures foil energy, but, on the other hand, GX Ultra Shiny wasn't the second set in a row to have a large subset. (Fun fact: GX Ultra Shiny had only two baby shinys per box. Shiny Star V had three.)

I personally think it would be cool if this box had shiny pokemon that aren't Charizard, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Venusaur, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Hawluch or Lucario. Imagine a box with more underappreciated shinies. They could do Shiny Coalossal Vmax, Shiny Arceus VSTAR and Shiny Hatterene V. Or even instead Shiny Orbeetle Vmax, Shiny Hisuian Lilligant Vmax and Shiny Corviknight V. That way it still celebrates gen 8 while also not just jerking off the LE EPIC FAMOUS SHINIES like they're so in love with doing.

I personally think it would be cool if this box had shiny pokemon that aren't Charizard, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Venusaur, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Hawluch or Lucario. Imagine a box with more underappreciated shinies. They could do Shiny Coalossal Vmax, Shiny Arceus VSTAR and Shiny Hatterene V. Or even instead Shiny Orbeetle Vmax, Shiny Hisuian Lilligant Vmax and Shiny Corviknight V. That way it still celebrates gen 8 while also not just jerking off the LE EPIC FAMOUS SHINIES like they're so in love with doing.
Nah. They’ll want to sell it and create hype. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the shiny Ray VMax and shiny Zard VStar Japan are getting. Probably won’t be though….

Until I know what those 3 cards are, I don't think I will bother with pre-ordering this. 5ban graphics is what I semi-expect and would be utterly disappointed with that. I think the celebrations ultra premium was great because it had a nice variety of stuff and just don't see this being as fun to open.

Until I know what those 3 cards are, I don't think I will bother with pre-ordering this. 5ban graphics is what I semi-expect and would be utterly disappointed with that. I think the celebrations ultra premium was great because it had a nice variety of stuff and just don't see this being as fun to open.
It literally says Special Art, which is the actual name of what we call Alternate Arts.

Nope. They never state the existence of two boxes or two sets of promos.
That's why I said and/OR.

The most obvious choice would be Zeraora wouldn't it?

That or Deoxys, but Deoxys isn't as popular I assume.

Just a reminder that both already have V/VMAX/VSTAR collections coming in Japan.

Not sure why it would be 3 random disconnected Pokemon.

It literally says Special Art, which is the actual name of what we call Alternate Arts.

That's why I said and/OR.
Fair, but again, the Shiny Rayquaza listed in this thread under previous Ultra Premium stuff is in fact "alternate art" and still a shilly 3D model card. Once I see it, I will be more inclined to pre-order.

So an international equivalent to the Precious Collector Box that Japan is getting? They could've included the Pikachu promo at least.
Also, maybe this is what they are saving Deoxys and/or Zeraora for?
no, the pikachu from the precious collection box isnt a V, VMAX nor a VSTAR.

With economies being as bad as they are right now they would have been smart not to make this product and i stead split the holiday box into 2 $60 boxes that way more people could afford to buy at least the one they want if they only want one of the special promos and if they really want both and can afford it they could still just buy both boxes

Back