New “Deluxe Battle Decks” Featuring Meowscarada ex and Quaquaval ex!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new type of product called “Deluxe Battle Decks” will release on September 1st for $19.99 each. They will feature reprints of Meowscarada ex or Quaquaval ex from Paldea Evolved.
These decks are Level 2 products. They appear to be more advanced versions of ex Battle Decks, which run for $9.99.

Deluxe-Battle-Deck-Meowscarda-ex-200x200.jpg

Deluxe-Battle-Deck-Meowscarda-ex-Back-200x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Judging from the picture, it seems that these are just normal set cards in this and not a differently numbered or unique foil situation for these cards. Fingers crosses that I'm not wrong, too many Radiant Greninja variants for my collection!

Judging from the picture, it seems that these are just normal set cards in this and not a differently numbered or unique foil situation for these cards. Fingers crosses that I'm not wrong, too many Radiant Greninja variants for my collection!
I could be completely reading this wrong, so is the radiant Greninja from the palkia vstar deck different to the one you pull from the set? Cause I know the palkia vstar has a glittery foil effect that the original card doesn’t have.

I could be completely reading this wrong, so is the radiant Greninja from the palkia vstar deck different to the one you pull from the set? Cause I know the palkia vstar has a glittery foil effect that the original card doesn’t have.
The one in the Ice Rider Palkia World Championship Deck is non-holo, has a signature on it, and the Wolrd Championship back to the card. It is a very different card. But this product is to give people actual legal cards to use, so I am hoping it is just the set card. The image on the package is the official image of the card that doesn't actually show the holo pattern to the card.

EDIT: It seems I missed the deck you were talking about. I had no idea there was a Palkis VSTAR League Battle Deck. From looking it up, I don't think that the Greninja in that is any different than the one in Astral Radiant. It seems to just be a reprint. Which tells me that the one in the Quaquaval deck will be the same situation.

Last edited:
Wow these are bad. No rare candy for meowscarada? Baxcalibur instead of SV Quaquaval?? The complete lack of Iono in either deck is unbelievable also. At least the coins and deck boxes look neat.

Quaquaval has been my favorite "fun" card of Paldea to mess around with- glad theyre taking a decently strong and pretty simple card and putting it in a really solid beginner deck!

Quaquaval has been my favorite "fun" card of Paldea to mess around with- glad theyre taking a decently strong and pretty simple card and putting it in a really solid beginner deck!
can confirm, i’ve been running quaquaval + suicune v for a while to relatively great success rate. it sure is fun to just randomly pop down a suicune v, charge it immediately and swing for ridiculous amounts of damage.

Quaquaval ex: Radiant Greninja, Baxcalibur, Rare Candy

Meowscarada: uhhhhhhh
To be fair, Radiant Alakazam is the preferred radiant for that deck, and Eldegoss makes Bouquet Magic easy to use. The deck also comes with two Boss's Orders, which I guess is pretty neat? No Rare Candy is definitely mind-boggling. Would have been nice to see Double Turbo Energy included in this list so it can theoretically keep up against the Quaquaval deck's ability to power itself up in one turn.

Next time someone asks for a Theme + Battle Deck format on Live, I'll show them this product so they'll understand why it wouldn't work.

To be fair, Radiant Alakazam is the preferred radiant for that deck, and Eldegoss makes Bouquet Magic easy to use. The deck also comes with two Boss's Orders, which I guess is pretty neat? No Rare Candy is definitely mind-boggling. Would have been nice to see Double Turbo Energy included in this list so it can theoretically keep up against the Quaquaval deck's ability to power itself up in one turn.

I didn't notice Quaquaval lacked Boss. That's definitely something. I was thinking of things from outside the head-to-head, where the Quaquaval deck can be upgraded to Chien Pao.

Meowscarada is a cool card, so I think it'd still be fun to play. Hopefully it isn't as one sided out-of-the-box as some previous products (e.g. the PikaRom vs ReshiZard decks)

Meowscarada is a cool card, so I think it'd still be fun to play. Hopefully it isn't as one sided out-of-the-box as some previous products (e.g. the PikaRom vs ReshiZard decks)
It's my current pet deck; it's very fun, despite bricking a lot more than my list would suggest. It's a work in progress, but it can hang with the big boys.

This theme deck version, though, won't stand a chance against Quacky's speed.

Back