Nervous about Pokemon League

ElectricalSplash

Pokemon Fan
Hey guys! I don't know where this belongs but i think this place is best suited. Anyways, I am a 16 year old beginner in the TCG. This upcoming sunday I am going to join a Pokemon League. I am nervous about how many people there will be my age. I'm worried that if I go, there will just be a lot of little kids. I know Pokemon is for everyone but it still bothers me. How many people around 15-18 am I gonna see? F.Y.I the league that I am going to has had about 100 people signed on for each season in the past.

The league here is predominantly Masters in their late teens or older. There are like 2-3 active Seniors and Juniors. But that's just here, where I'm almost certain no one knows we exist.

Anyway, doesn't the Pokemon.com league page have contact information? Ask the League Owner/Leader. Besides, with over 100 members, there's no way there won't be anyone within your age group.

Yeah, at my league, almost everyone is a master or late senior. There's some little tots but I shoo them away. Lol @ Asrialys, no one knows you exist. xD

100 people at league!!! We have had a maximum of 7 players since ours opened a few months ago. If you have that many players, I'm positive you will find dozens of people your age and older.

I have mainly seniors and masters at the league I run. There is some juniors as well. Premier Events also tend to have more participants in the Masters division than any other division.

Well according to the League locater on Pokemon.com there were 107 players signed up for the last season of league. The numbers change going as low as 93 and as high as 135 for each separate season. But that is just how many people were signed up, I assume there are probably only about 30 or so regulars who show up for every week on the days league is run and the rest are people who don't come on a weekly basis. I'm just worried that I'll look out of place there. Anyways you seem surprised that there are about 100 people!!:D Well it is the only league in a pretty big city so I guess that's why.

Meh, I'm 21 and was pretty nervous at first. Turns out there's a good number of people my age there that I can hang out with, and some of the younger ones ain't half bad :D

Keep in mind that it's a lot easier for Seniors and Masters to travel to these locations by ourselves, or at least without our parents going out of their way to take us. As such, older players will be around more often than not.

Don't be nervous about the age of the people at league. Everyone is there to have a good time. I met more friends through Pokemon than any other way. They tend to be nicer than other people you meet. BTW, I'm older than anyone else who has posted in this thread.

There are tons of Masters at my League, I wouldn't be too worried unless you're in a place that doesn't play Pokemon much.

Yesterday at league I was the only senior at league. Everyone else was masters. I still got along with everyone and as of a week ago I was a junior.

mostly masters come to the league I attend you should be fine it sounds like from others posts that masters is the biggest group at leagues

Back