Art Gallery Neko's Art Showcase: Digivolve into Mega! 11/10/14

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Updated 04/19/14

Delta said:
What a glorious crate of goodies! I...honestly want prints of those Chansey, Mothim and Mewthree posters. They look really cool.
And what did do for those Glassy Kanto Badges? Just Photoshop magic?

What, you don't want an Alexpoke one? Ahaha...

Thanks! As for the Glassy Kanto Badges, all I did in Photoshop was bevel the sections, bevel them again with the opposite direction and 0% shadow, then adjust the levels a bit. For more detail, I opened the file in GIMP and did a sequence of duplicating layers, rotating, inverting, bevel/embossing, blurring, and changing blending modes until I was satisfied with the look.

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Updated 06/11/14

UPDATE: I hate that I haven't been making hardly any art lately. :(

Photography - Halictid on a Peach Blossom (04/09/14):
halictid_on_peach_blossom_by_karite_kita_neko-d7dt7vw.jpg

New "The Caper of Knaio" Logo (06/09/14):
new__the_caper_of_knaio__logo_by_karite_kita_neko-d7lja3t.png

http://karite-kita-neko.deviantart.com/art/New-The-Caper-of-Knaio-Logo-459434729

While playing around with one of my made-up languages, I made an arrangement that I thought would make a neat logo for my custom card game. The gold text says "The Caper," the blue text says "of" (though stylized for an air/wind effect), and the silver text says "Knaio." The top image was exported straight out of Illustrator while the bottom had some contrast/level adjustments for a shinier look.

Pokémon TCG GB-style card art (all based on my own artwork):

pokemon_tcg_gb__joltik_by_karite_kita_neko-d7aqqsv.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__dunsparce_by_karite_kita_neko-d7av5cp.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__sneasel_by_karite_kita_neko-d7axbcn.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__antimew_by_karite_kita_neko-d7az90p.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__blissey_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b1pvb.png

pokemon_tcg_gb__eevee_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b3ggb.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__azumarill_by_karite_kita_neko-d7b6oxo.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__iscream__youscream__and_wescream_by_karite_kita_neko-d7cfo7h.png
pokemon_tcg_gb__mothim_by_karite_kita_neko-d7db1ha.png

Some pixel-based fonts:
Click the image(s) to go to the download page(s).

I love the GB TCG art! You make effective use of just a few colors and they look great! My favorite is the Mothim.

9Tailz said:
I love the GB TCG art! You make effective use of just a few colors and they look great! My favorite is the Mothim.

Glad you like them! Mothim may be my favorite as well (mostly because the background).

- - -

UPDATE: Whaaat!? Neko updating after less than a month!?

meowth_by_karite_kita_neko-d7mtl7s.png

per3_zpsa0d6176f.png

pokemon_tcg_gb__meowth_by_karite_kita_neko-d7mt68p.png
< - Might edit this guy later

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Updated 07/26/14

UPDATE: Not much going on. I've been trying to design a new character for a couple weeks, but I've not been too happy with my sketches. I still wanted something to show, so I made a simple chibi version.

net_zpsa43b7bdd.png

Meet my new OC, Net. He's a fox that was attacked by a Raiju (lightning creature) as a child, infusing him with electrical powers and resulting in the various scars across his body. Though you can't see in the above image, the marks on his shoulders extend onto his back forming a large X-shape. The tiger-like stripes on his tail are a reference to the Raiju, which is often depicted as a tiger.

Net has a condition that always makes him appear to be blushing. I'm still trying to think of ways to explain this... Maybe the power surging though his body builds up his blood pressure? I just thought it was an adorable feature. xD

I actually planned to give him a half-robe or sash, but I can't draw tops to save my life... Here he is with a half-shirt, but it still needs work.

- - -

I also made a magic ice circle:

magic_ice_circle_by_karite_kita_neko-d7p4nzc.png

Drawn in Illustrator, effects added in Photoshop. Background made in GIMP. Ancient language/text by me.

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Updated 08/01/14

UPDATE: Took another shot at a logo for my custom card game. While I still like my previous version, I thought it would be more ideal to have one written in a real language - English. I had made an English one a few years ago, but I wanted to redo it since I didn't own the fonts. This time, I've drawn all the letters (both the smaller and larger letters) myself so that no issues should arise if this ever actually becomes 'a thing' (which I doubt, but who knows?).

another__the_caper_of_knaio__logo_by_karite_kita_neko-d7t8saf.png

Oh snap, it looks like a 90's Magical Girl anime logo!

- - -

And I'll put this here in case anyone missed my previous post:
UPDATE: Not much going on. I've been trying to design a new character for a couple weeks, but I've not been too happy with my sketches. I still wanted something to show, so I made a simple chibi version.

net_zpsa43b7bdd.png

Meet my new OC, Net. He's a fox that was attacked by a Raiju (lightning creature) as a child, infusing him with electrical powers and resulting in the various scars across his body. Though you can't see in the above image, the marks on his shoulders extend onto his back forming a large X-shape. The tiger-like stripes on his tail are a reference to the Raiju, which is often depicted as a tiger.

Net has a condition that always makes him appear to be blushing. I'm still trying to think of ways to explain this... Maybe the power surging though his body builds up his blood pressure? I just thought it was an adorable feature. xD

I actually planned to give him a half-robe or sash, but I can't draw tops to save my life... Here he is with a half-shirt, but it still needs work.

- - -

I also made a magic ice circle:

magic_ice_circle_by_karite_kita_neko-d7p4nzc.png

Drawn in Illustrator, effects added in Photoshop. Background made in GIMP. Ancient language/text by me.

EDIT: Shinified my new logo a bit. Also included a greyscale version because it reminds me of manga. :p

another__the_caper_of_knaio__logo_v2_by_karite_kita_neko-d7tfbc3.png

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Shiny Lapras 8/18/14

UPDATE: Shiny Lapras, my first drawing in almost a month. For use on a future fake card. Definitely my best Lapras art.

shiny_lapras_by_karite_kita_neko-d7vl7r6.png

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Shiny Lapras 8/18/14

UPDATE: Bad Neko! Not posting your art. :mad:

I started working on my custom Digimon line again a few days ago and, after a whole year, I finally designed the Rookie and Champion levels. Hopefully it won't take another full year to make the last two (I'm actually aiming to get them done by the end of the month, maybe even the end of the week).

my_custom_digimon_line__so_far__by_karite_kita_neko-d8563hj.png

And here are some pics that you may have already seen in my fake cards thread:

My Neighbor Snorlax
my_neighbor_snorlax_by_karite_kita_neko-d7x2pts.png

Celebi's Sunny Day
celebi_s_sunny_day_by_karite_kita_neko-d7yt0ru.png

And a random background that I may eventually use for a fake Yu-Gi-Oh! card or something:

scales_of_the_radiance_dragon_by_karite_kita_neko-d806uvl.png

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Boots or no boots? 11/10/14

UPDATE: No Digimon fans? :(

I finally finished my custom Digimon line, aside from alternate forms and possibly branched evolution. Meet Jackfrostimon!

to_wear_boots_or_not_to_wear_boots____by_karite_kita_neko-d85z79a.png

Evolution line: [x]

EDIT: Decided to go with the boots.

Back