Art Gallery Neko's Art Showcase: Digivolve into Mega! 11/10/14

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Chansey Evolved Into Quetzalcoatl! 10/14/12

UPDATE: Here's a newly-colorized version of Liftbelle (one of my Fakemon) that I made for a fake card...

liftbelle_recolor_by_karite_kita_neko-d5hs535.png

And next is a redesign of one of my Fakemon, Fairicity...

fairicity_redesign_by_karite_kita_neko-d5hxk8d.png

Original design can be seen here.

It was originally intended to evolve from Chansey at max Happiness during the day at Level 50 or above while holding a Music Box and not affected by any Special Condition (including PokéRus).

Fairicity nurses lost, unclaimed, and abandoned eggs. Occasionally, it may give them to trustworthy trainers.

Its name comes from "fairy" and "felicity" (happiness). It's based on the caduceus, a symbol of medicine.

As for her type, I haven't really decided yet. I'm considering Normal/Flying, Normal/Dragon, Light (unofficial type), or Light/Flying.

I am currently taking a liking to the way you shaded Liftbelle, and not to mention the color scheme that went along with the Pokemon. Liftbelle is somewhat reminding of a particular Christmas tree decoration my family uses when the special day hits around. Nextly, I also like the concept and design of Fairicity.

There was nothing wrong worth pointing out so keep it up!

Great fakemon!!! The shading and color on the Liftbelle is perfect.
Keep up the great work!

So sorry for the late reply, guys!

Articuno said:
I am currently taking a liking to the way you shaded Liftbelle, and not to mention the color scheme that went along with the Pokemon. Liftbelle is somewhat reminding of a particular Christmas tree decoration my family uses when the special day hits around. Nextly, I also like the concept and design of Fairicity.

There was nothing wrong worth pointing out so keep it up!

I'm glad you like it. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. Hopefully the shading/coloring on my future works look as nice, or better. I experiment with different styles so often that I don't know if I'll be able to pull this one off again.

Thanks!

Grumpigfarmer said:
Great fakemon!!! The shading and color on the Liftbelle is perfect.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them! :D

---

UPDATE: I've not been drawing for a while, but here's a digital abstract, some custom card game symbols, logos, and sprites...

yukihyou_logo_by_karite_kita_neko-d5o3uue.png

kjkun_the_snow_leopard_mini_pixel_by_karite_kita_neko-d5n0zi9.gif
not_as_mini_mini_kjkun_by_karite_kita_neko-d5nnpon.png
nekaisu_or_chibi_kj_sprite__animated__by_karite_kita_neko-d5o8oit.gif
chibi_doll_kj__kun__animated__by_karite_kita_neko-d5oj1an.gif

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Logos & Sprites 12/18/12

That is soooo cool!!! I love the card symbols:)

Admirable work as always, Nekoban. I really appreciate the visual effects of the first piece and the myriad of colors harmonize perfectly with everything in the piece. The symbols and logos also indicate a job well done. You truly are a professional at digital art! I look forward to more in the future.

-Articuno

Grumpigfarmer said:
That is soooo cool!!! I love the card symbols:)

Thanks! I like how they turned out, too. I just need to figure out how to incorporate them into the template... or, to be more correct, make a template that they can be used with. Ten years and not a decent template yet!

Articuno said:
Admirable work as always, Nekoban. I really appreciate the visual effects of the first piece and the myriad of colors harmonize perfectly with everything in the piece. The symbols and logos also indicate a job well done. You truly are a professional at digital art! I look forward to more in the future.

-Articuno

Thank you so much! Graphic Design classes seem to have paid off. I've still much room to improve, though!

Oh, look, a Nekaisu:

another_chibi_kj_nekaisu_sprite_by_karite_kita_neko-d5opocb.gif

Great work! What do you use to animate those?

9Tailz said:
Great work! What do you use to animate those?

Thanks! I used to use a program called UnFREEz, but I've used GIMP since I discovered that animated GIFs can be made with it.

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Rayman & Chucky 12/26/12

UPDATE: The limbless hero, Rayman!

limbless_hero__fixed__by_karite_kita_neko-d5p1p2j.png

My sister and I recently started playing Rayman 2: The Great Escape again, after replacing the N64 Memory Pack for the first time in several years. We never actually beat the game because the save file kept getting wiped out, but it's a fun and interesting game from what I've seen so far (2 masks is all we've ever managed to get). It's the main reason I wanted to get an N64 (best game system ever) back in 4th grade. However, it's the only Rayman game I really like. Rayman 1 was alright, but nowhere near as good. Used a pseudo-3D effect with gradients in Illustrator.

And a Chucky icon my cousin requested:

chucky_icon_by_karite_kita_neko-d5pds4n.gif

Oh man, I remember that game! I used to play it quite a lot when I was still little. It's nice to know someone is still taking a liking to old games.

Nevertheless, this is high-quality work and I would love to see more Rayman stuff from you in the future! =)

- Articuno

Articuno said:
Oh man, I remember that game! I used to play it quite a lot when I was still little. It's nice to know someone is still taking a liking to old games.

Nevertheless, this is high-quality work and I would love to see more Rayman stuff from you in the future! =)

- Articuno

I love N64 games. I've been playing them much more than my Wii and GameCube games. There are still a few more games I need to beat and several more I would like to get.

Thanks! I'll try to do more Rayman stuff in the future!

Really nice stuff, not just the Pokémon-related things, but also your other works are really impressive too! I really liked Rayman when I was a child, so it's nice to see that it still gets some attention. Also, what exactly Knaio is? I know that it's (your) TCG project, but can you tell me more details about it? It seems promising.

It was nice to speak to you again, I was a bit away from Pokébeach, but I try to be as active as I can (if you don't remember me, I was the person who used your New Species blanks for my fakemon fakes, and even requested the baby template and the ability button).

Sheodon said:
Really nice stuff, not just the Pokémon-related things, but also your other works are really impressive too! I really liked Rayman when I was a child, so it's nice to see that it still gets some attention. Also, what exactly Knaio is? I know that it's (your) TCG project, but can you tell me more details about it? It seems promising.

It was nice to speak to you again, I was a bit away from Pokébeach, but I try to be as active as I can (if you don't remember me, I was the person who used your New Species blanks for my fakemon fakes, and even requested the baby template and the ability button).

Thank you!

The Caper of Knaio is the updated version of a card game idea I started working on around 2002 that combines elements of a story I started around 2007. The story is about a young archeologist who gets possessed by an artifact and kidnaps a princess (Knaio) in attempt to obtain all the "elemental tablets" for limitless power. Almost all of my OCs (aside from "fan characters" for specific anime/games) are in this story, including my favorite, Kj'kun.

Yep, I remember you. I still need to update that Ability icon. I don't care much for the old one.

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Father Nature and Deformed Nature 01/02/13

UPDATE: My first drawing of 2013!

father_nature__clean_lines__by_karite_kita_neko-d5q5qpt.png

It's my OC EstForor again. I'm trying to create some artwork that will work well with my new templates for my custom trading card game, The Caper of Knaio. I still need to color/shade it and add a background.

Don't remember him? EstForor is a guardian of the forest. He can bring plants back to life and make plantlife flourish even in the worst environments. He also has the ability to tell the future by reading the stars. He is one of the 5 oracles in the story my card game is based on and one of the strongest creatures in the game. Oddly, of these oracles, he's the only one with hair and a nose. o_O

If any of you want to color and shade him, please feel free (his skin and hair color should be green). I would love to see it done without outlines.

---

Look at this apple! Yes, it is really like that!

together_forever_by_karite_kita_neko-d5q2ekm.jpg

They say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but apples have a tendency to make me sick.

---

A little friend...

little_friend_by_karite_kita_neko-d5ptw8x.jpg

This lil' guy sat next to me for several hours, even when I went to bed. I named him Jasper. I think he liked me. He only tried to jump on me twice. *sparkly eyes*

That drawing is fan-TASTIC. I don't have anything to point out other than watch his left arm, the joint seems a little lower down than the right. I love the little touches like the leaf or two, the wafty underneath the ear and the antennae. Really gives that 'forest' element that you were going for. Very well designed. I hope to see a fully coloured version from you soon!

Cool apple but, bleck, spiders.

Delta said:
That drawing is fan-TASTIC. I don't have anything to point out other than watch his left arm, the joint seems a little lower down than the right. I love the little touches like the leaf or two, the wafty underneath the ear and the antennae. Really gives that 'forest' element that you were going for. Very well designed. I hope to see a fully coloured version from you soon!

Cool apple but, bleck, spiders.

Thanks so much! I hadn't really noticed that with the arm, but you're right! I'll try to remember to fix that before I color it, as well as his left shoulder. I'm glad you enjoy the design! :)

My mouse has been behaving wonky for the past week or so, so shading him will be a difficult task. What I need to do is print a few copies of the line art and do some practice shading with pencil so I'll know where to put the shadows and highlights.

That apple is messed up man!!!

Your character for your own card game looks really nice, I like the background story behind your OC and cannot wait for further information about the whole game (and of course, I'm waiting for the full-color version of the design)! It's interesting how it is the only character with hair and nose, I hope the others won't be Voldermort clones. :D

And I agree with Grumpigfarmer, that apple is awesome.

RE: Neko's Art Showcase: Updated 01/26/13

Grumpigfarmer said:
That apple is messed up man!!!

Indeed!

Sheodon said:
Your character for your own card game looks really nice, I like the background story behind your OC and cannot wait for further information about the whole game (and of course, I'm waiting for the full-color version of the design)! It's interesting how it is the only character with hair and nose, I hope the others won't be Voldermort clones. :D

And I agree with Grumpigfarmer, that apple is awesome.

Thanks. Don't worry, the others aren't Voldemort clones. I have some old sketches of them laying around somewhere that I may scan and post eventually. Here's one of the old drawings that I had already scanned, ruler and oracle of the Elands (electric lands), TrisonaElai.

---

UPDATE:

Ampersand's Secret
ampersand____it__s_really_a____by_karite_kita_neko-d5sa50x.png

Who knew that my favorite cryptid was living on our keyboards this whole time?!

GIMP Abstract - Compass
compass_by_karite_kita_neko-d5sjbn1.png

Just another GIMP abstract. Nothing special.

Come at Me, Bro
come_at_me__bro_by_karite_kita_neko-d5stegx.png

Just a quick Substitute vector in a simple sticker style based on the in-game sprite.

Neko used Substitute
kkn_used_substitute_by_karite_kita_neko-d5su8mn.jpg

But it failed.

It's been a while since I've sculpted anything (I think my previous one was done last August), and it shows! I would make a great Pokémon if I knew Substitute. As soon as I made one, the opponent would admit defeat after laughing so hard or give in out of pity.

Back