Need some help getting back.

Hitmonzard

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys,

I haven't really bought too many sets recently at all. In fact, the newest set I played with was Team Mamga vs Team Aqua. Anyways, I started playing the game starting from the Base Set, but I would like some ideas for decks that I should try to build that are tournament legal.

Just to give an idea of what kind of types I like. I love Dark, Fire, and Psychic, but I am open to Water or Lightning too. Back when I played, I used, and won with decks that were kind of out of the ordinary. Such a deck based around the orginal Dark Type Houndoom, a deck with Sabrina's Gengar, a deck with Sabrina's Alakazam, and a Fossil Deck that was Fighting and Water.

Hope to get some replies and sorry if this is in the wrong forum :D.

First off since this season is almost over I would start with only buying Diamond and Pearl sets, since that will most likely be the new sets for tourney cut off.

As for decks, look through the deck garage section and start modifying other decks. The game has really moved toward combo's and tech cards.

You might want to start looking towards next year already. Diamond and Pearl will likely be the set that marks the new modified list. New decks will rise and old ones will fall.
As for Dark and Fire, interestingly enough you can opt for Houndoom. In Great Encounters there is a Houndoom that has some interesting Turn 2 possibilities, and in the next set, there will be ANOTHER great Turn 2 Houndoom card. You'll have to wait 'till August for that second one though.
Its main problem is that its Water weak. With Empoleon being big right now, and the next Kingdra likely to become huge, that might be a big liability.

Alright, thanks guys. I may try to do Lightning (anti Empeleon)/Fire with Houndoom or Psychic/Fire since I doubt I would be able to get anything good with Lightning and Fire.

POP already announced next format is DP on, effective September 1. Try Gardilade/Weavile if you want. Depends on what you want to lose to and what you want to beathttp://pokebeach.com/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Wink

Back