• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Need Help w/ Unlimited Deck - Alolan Ninetales

NNN

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I received some help in this forum awhile ago while building a Muk GX deck that has been absolutely wrecking my friends. However, now they know my deck too well and have better prepared for it.

Now I want to generate a new deck with water pokemon, and need help figuring out which pokemon to add in.

I have some options within the cards I have to build a new deck but will probably buy singles to start something new anyways. I currently am trying to build a deck around 4 Alolan Vulpixes (Beacon), 3 Alolan Ninetales GX, and 1 Alolan Ninetales from BS. I really want to add in Palkia EX and Manaphy EX but I was mainly looking for suggestions as to what to do about the pokemon in this deck or if I should scrap it all together.

So I was thinking about building something around this. My friends usually use a bunch of pokemon EX's with fighting fury belts that wreck me. He had a sceptile ex, a pidgeot ex, an umbreon gx and a gengar ex that were giving me trouble.

What are some super powerful water pokemon and trainers I could add in? I have Aqua Patch, Rough Seas, N, Dive Ball, etc...need some creative ideas to build a dominant deck considering I could use any card in existence. Not open to Lele's but maybe a shaymin or something.

And if this isn't the route to go I am open to suggestions as well.

Thanks

First of all you should play Keldeo EX rathern than Manaphy EX seeing as we're talking unlimited; Rush In is an invaluable tool in any format it's allowed in, and is much better than Manaphy EX's free retreat ability because it both bypasses Sleep/Paralysis and is more flexible than using your retreat for the turn. it It's best used with a few Float Stones to have free movement and removal of any conditions(including 'can't use this attack next turn' clauses and the like).

Otherwise I would recommend Blastoise or Feraligatr; Deluge and Rain Dance both allow free attaching of Basic Water Energy which has made for several competitive decks in different rotations.
One of these was a Black Kyurem EX deck which would literally discard 3 energy a turn yet was geared to attack repeatedly nonetheless; in other words discarding 2 for Alolan Ninetales GX most turns is fairly easy to achieve in unlimited...

Anyway, so you'd be looking at a 2-1-2 line[+2 Rare Candy] of Blastoise(preferred over Feraligatr due to a Squirtle from Black and White that is immune to sniping), 2-4 Keldeo Ex+Float Stones, your 4 Vulpix(still good thanks to Beacon) and whichever Alolan Ninetales ratio works best for you.

Last edited:
First of all you should play Keldeo EX rathern than Manaphy EX seeing as we're talking unlimited; Rush In is an invaluable tool in any format it's allowed in, and is much better than Manaphy EX's free retreat ability because it both bypasses Sleep/Paralysis and is more flexible than using your retreat for the turn. it It's best used with a few Float Stones to have free movement and removal of any conditions(including 'can't use this attack next turn' clauses and the like).

Otherwise I would recommend Blastoise or Feraligatr; Deluge and Rain Dance both allow free attaching of Basic Water Energy which has made for several competitive decks in different rotations.
One of these was a Black Kyurem EX deck which would literally discard 3 energy a turn yet was geared to attack repeatedly nonetheless; in other words discarding 2 for Alolan Ninetales GX most turns is fairly easy to achieve in unlimited...

Anyway, so you'd be looking at a 2-1-2 line[+2 Rare Candy] of Blastoise(preferred over Feraligatr due to a Squirtle from Black and White that is immune to sniping), 2-4 Keldeo Ex+Float Stones, your 4 Vulpix(still good thanks to Beacon) and whichever Alolan Ninetales ratio works best for you.

Hey thanks so much!

This is AMAZING. Exactly what I was looking for.

I am definitely going with the Blastoise, I just looked it up and I love it. Deluge is going to be amazing.

Pretty solid set up in my eyes.

As for Trainers, would you recommend playing Rough Seas? And if I'm doing this Keldeo set up should I do away with cards like Guzma and Lysandre from my deck? Are there any musts that would be a staple in this?

Thx :D

Back