Need Help Making a Standard Night March Deck

joemac99

Aspiring Trainer
So, I'm a new player who is getting into Pokemon TCG. I'm was thinking about a nightmarch deck until I realized that mew ex won't be around much longer. :( I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a new nightmarch deck? I'm also fine with switching to a different deck, but it can't be to expensive. Thanks!

You could always try pairing your Night Marchers with the "Bee Revenge" Vespiquen AOR. I've seen this kind of deck around on PTCGO. Since both strategies revolve around dumping cards into the discard pile, they complement each other well.

You could always try pairing your Night Marchers with the "Bee Revenge" Vespiquen AOR. I've seen this kind of deck around on PTCGO. Since both strategies revolve around dumping cards into the discard pile, they complement each other well.
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking of possibly adding a mew two ex to the mix, just as a last resort attacker

standard, all you need is these cards, everything else is just whatever you can pick up

4 joltik
4 pumpkaboo
4 lampent

4 double colourless energy
3 electric energy

4 dimension valley
4 battle compressor
4 vs seeker
2 revive (this goes a long way)
3 sycamore
3 professor birch's observations
2-3 switch

This deck is best by itself in standard

standard, all you need is these cards, everything else is just whatever you can pick up

4 joltik
4 pumpkaboo
4 lampent

4 double colourless energy
3 electric energy

4 dimension valley
4 battle compressor
4 vs seeker
2 revive (this goes a long way)
3 sycamore
3 professor birch's observations
2-3 switch

This deck is best by itself in standard
Alright! Thanks a lot!

you could try playing around with latios EX, it gives you that first turn donk
There isn't really too many decks that can get donked easily, though. You've got opposing Night March and Vespiquen in standard, and perhaps Bronzor, and that's about it. It's probably better to focus on an archetype/tech that would be effective across the board. :)

1-2 Hawlucha FFI gives you free retreat for when someone KO's your Joltik or uses Escape Rope.
1 Hex Maniac could be used to get around walls like Aegislash EX or the occasional Pyroar FLF.

I've heard rumors of people using Bronzong (Phantom Forces) or Milotic (Primal Clash) as Energy retrieval in this deck. Might work, but it feels clumsy to me. Opinions on that matter?

Milotic from Primal Clash, in conjuction with AZ and Super Scoop Up is a very efficient way of returning Double Colorless Energy from the discard in Standard play. This new, "cancer" Night March deck is getting very popular, and is one of the strongest decks in the format right now. Super Scoop Up and AZ are used to return Milotic to your hand, so that you can use its Sparkling Ripples Ability over and over. You can also use them to remove Shaymin-EX (a key part of your draw enegine) from the field so your opponent can't Lysandre them for easy prizes.

Another card many players are running in Night March now is Target Whistle, which lets you put a Basic Pokemon from your opponent's discard onto their Bench. You do this to revive Shaymin or other Pokemon-EX, then you Lysandre them up and rack up Prize cards quickly.

Milotic from Primal Clash, in conjuction with AZ and Super Scoop Up is a very efficient way of returning Double Colorless Energy from the discard in Standard play. This new, "cancer" Night March deck is getting very popular, and is one of the strongest decks in the format right now. Super Scoop Up and AZ are used to return Milotic to your hand, so that you can use its Sparkling Ripples Ability over and over. You can also use them to remove Shaymin-EX (a key part of your draw enegine) from the field so your opponent can't Lysandre them for easy prizes.

Another card many players are running in Night March now is Target Whistle, which lets you put a Basic Pokemon from your opponent's discard onto their Bench. You do this to revive Shaymin or other Pokemon-EX, then you Lysandre them up and rack up Prize cards quickly.

This all is intriguing. Could you perhaps PM me with a decklist with all these cards? I really need to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.

This all is intriguing. Could you perhaps PM me with a decklist with all these cards? I really need to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.

I'll post it here so everyone interested can get a basic idea of the deck. I just slapped this list together and haven't tested it, but it's pretty standard.

4 Joltik
4 Pumpkaboo
4 Lampent
3 Shaymin-EX
2 Feebas
2 Milotic PLC

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Lysandre
1 AZ
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Dimension Valley
2 Muscle Band
1 Float Stone
1 Buddy Buddy Rescue
1 Startling Megaphone
2 Revive

4 Double Colourless energy

Nice list, but what do you do about stuff that's immune to Special Energies? And I find the lack of mobility disturbing. Only 1 Float Stone? You need Switches in case of status effects.

Back