• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Need help building deck!

Wailordlord

Aspiring Trainer
Hello!
I posted in the other forum but I should have posted here
I'm looking to create a deck usinh my favorite pokemon that is at a theme deck level
Trying to use wailord, Gengar, sableye, drifloon or any other ghost types
I would rather not have ex or gx to play against theme decks
The cards I have are wailord hgss, wailord 220 hp(not ex or gx), Gengar that faints pokemon with 3 damage counters, frontier brain drifloon, sableye with disable, etc.
Can use cards from any set provided they're not mega expensive!
Thank you!

Hey,

Thought I’d put a little reply to help you out. If you want a good efficient Gengar deck that uses the Creep Show attack then I wouldn’t bother with Wailord nor Sableye because they don’t fit in with this Gengar. I made a Creep Show Gengar deck myself and it works really well but I do use GX for support.

Pokemon:

4 Ghastly
3 Haunter
4 Gengar
3 Tapu Koko (Promo)
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Shaymin EX

Support:

3 N
2 Guzma
3 Prof. Sycamore
3 Ultra Ball
3 Timer Ball
3 Po Town
4 Wishful Baton
2 Max Elixir
3 Rare Candy
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

Energy:

4 DCE
9 Psychic

I chose N for this deck instead of Cynthia due to the probability of losing Pokemon before you take out your opponents. If you really don’t want to use GX and EX then I would suggest Oranguru to swap the Shaymin EXs. Or Octillery. If you don’t want the Tapu Lele then I would suggest to put more supporters to weigh the odds of getting them. Cynthia in this case. Tapu Koko compliments the Gengar really well. It puts damage on all of the benched Pokemon so you’ll have the choice to pick whichever Pokemon you want to take out. You could also swap one Po Town for a Shrine of Punishment which I took away in the end because of Shaymin and Tapu Lele. Hope this helps!

Back