Help Need help building a Mewtwo GX deck

Scolibeast

Aspiring Trainer
Im thingking of building a deck around Mewtwo GX and just attach as many energy to it.
Tapu lele and zoroark would counter so im tryign to find cards that will counter them AND will help me get energy to mewtwo and ultra necrozma gx

I am not willing to spend 60+ on tapu leles so any cards that will help me

Can you provide a decklist of what you were thinking about?

The best partners for Mewtwo GX are probably either Lunala GX or Malamar. I'd personally go with Malamar, and if you're that worried about Zoroark you can probably add a Marshadow GX. (it is frail though). As for Lele, just be prepared and have a Mewtwo ready to KO it when one goes down

I dont have a deck list, that’s what im trying to figure out.
@sylvarina i have a marshadow gx that i was planning on using and Zygard GX from the new set.

I was thingking maybe some non GX/EX pokes cause of the Darkrai/Ninetales abilities.

I also have some trainers like Guzma, Acelora, Bridgette, Cynthia, and N which ive been told is liek a must have.
Maybe like 10-12 psychic
3-4 double colorless

I've played Mewtwo a fair amount, love him, and have some play-tested suggestions.

1) The trick with Mewtwo is getting the energy on him. Preferably, this happens fast. 4 Max Elixirs are a must. You also want a second Mewto set up on the bench, so 3-3 Inkay/Malamar is a wise call, along with 4 Ultra Balls to get the energy into the discard pile for Malamar. 1-2 Sycamore (instead of 1-2 N) is also a good play to get the energy into the discard.

2) some advanced options:
- 3 float stones - you can keep Mewtwo on the bench and load him with Max Elixir and then float the Active out, especially for fast starts.
- 3 Choice Band and 1 Fury Belt - Mewtwo's GX attack is strong, but can benefit from a little help on Golisopod, Zoroark and some of the other 210 HP mainstays. Buzzwole is rampant in the Meta, and you have to get to 100 damage for the IHKO (weakness). Mewtwo GX needs 3 energy on him - that's the key.
- baby Mew - same attacks, but you only give up 1 prize card
- nest balls given all of the basics, and maybe oranguru or two for draw support
- Alter of the Moon - maybe, depending if you use fewer than 3 float stones. Malamar can get retreat energy back.

3) other thoughts:
- Lunala GX is ok, but that stage 2 is slow and can gum up the deck, and when included in a deck with Malamar, is rather redundant. Malamar gets KO's by the wind, but only gives up one prize, and is much faster.
- over two turns, Lunala prism is worthless for energy recovery when there are two Malamars on the bench
- you don't need "as much energy on him as possible" and this can be hard to accomplish. Just get 3 energy + a CB/FFB and he can go on a run. Besides, Lele and Gardevore will benefit from 4+ energy on Mewtwo GX.

Tried to put a list up for you using some of the cards you listed. You can definitely start from there. I used Mew FCO as the main attacker. Since you accelerate energy and you discard it, using Mew does not really hurt.

Zygarde-Gx is definitely not optimal here since on itself he cant do shit. Mew FCO could copy its attack with Counter Energy and be safe for the next turn if you are behind.

Maybe see how it goes and adjust attackers, draw supporter counts and stuff.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95
* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
* 3 Inkay FLI 50
* 3 Mew FCO 29
* 1 Mewtwo-GX SLG 39
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 3 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Ultra Ball PLB 90
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103

##Energy - 12

* 7 Psychic Energy 5
* 2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130
* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 2 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Here was my version - fast, simple, effective

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 4 Mewtwo-GX SLG 39
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146

##Energy - 14

* 12 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Back