Ruling Necrozma GX, Prismatic Burst, and Rainbow Energy

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I've been looking into Necrozma GX and came across something that I've never considered before.

Since Rainbow Energy counts as every type of energy when attached to a Pokemon, can Necrozma GX detach Rainbow Energy to increase Prismatic Burst's damage by 60 per Rainbow Energy?

Perfect. I had a strong hunch that it was doable but figured I should still ask.

Thanks.

I've been looking into Necrozma GX and came across something that I've never considered before.

Since Rainbow Energy counts as every type of energy when attached to a Pokemon, can Necrozma GX detach Rainbow Energy to increase Prismatic Burst's damage by 60 per Rainbow Energy?

I do not know why you would want to do that. Rainbow energy seems better to me attached than dropped for an attack. Could be a desperate final move.

I do not know why you would want to do that. Rainbow energy seems better to me attached than dropped for an attack. Could be a desperate final move.

I mostly wanted to know if it was possible or not. I would never even consider it if I wasn't running Special Charge in my deck.

It should probably be noted that the discarding is not optional. You have to discard all Psychic Energy, including Rainbow Energy, attached to Necrozma if you use Prismatic Burst.

It should probably be noted that the discarding is not optional. You have to discard all Psychic Energy, including Rainbow Energy, attached to Necrozma if you use Prismatic Burst.
It can be optional if you choose to use the rainbow energy as a different type than psychic

This card provides [C] Energy. While in play, this card provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon, put 1 damage counter on that Pokemon.

That's the card text.

It gives you 1 of everything at the same time, not 1 of something.

Back