Naruto FanArt

ShadowSong

Never giving up
I just got obssesed with Naruto, so I had to draw something. These are my first Japanese anime drawings and I look to improve.

[attachment=1993]
[attachment=1991]
[[attachment=2088]

EDIT #1 I darkened the pictures in PhotoShop :) They don't look quite as good as they did in PhotoShop because I had to save them as JPEG. That's why they look boxy.

EDIT #2 I drew and colored a picture of Gaara. I had to take a picture of it witha camera because the scan looked horrific. The picture is also so shiny that as you can tell, there are a few glares (the really large light yellow colored spot of sand is a partial glare, the spot below the symbol). Here it is though. The real picture looks wonderful though and the picture here does not do it justice. I am particularly proud of it, especially since it is my first Gaara drawing and one of my first pictures I actually colored. Gaara is my favorite character.

To be honest with you...I HATE Naruto...but the way you drew those pictures were pretty good! 8.5/10

Dudeman - that's okay, not everyone has to like the same thing. I glad you like my pictures though.

Gligar - they are not traced

poke - thanks :)

dang those drawings are awsome!

I can draw that well, too, not to be braging, but i have trouble on the shading and the lines to show detail.

could you give me some tips if you have any?

I really don't have any tips... For shading, just imagine what the object you are drawing would look like in a certain light. Shading was pretty easy for the picture I drew (naruto #1).

Usually with pictures like Naruto #1, it is darker behind the object, so the shading would be darker around the outline and gradually get lighter. Or if you have an object on the thing you are drawing (like the headband on Naruto) the headband isn't plastered to Naruto's head, it comes up a little, so there would be a shadow underneath the headband.
Also with something like clothing. There are creases and folds to the clothes unless it is a flat stiff board. As you can see in Naruto #1, his pants and jacket have some creases. If you really want a crease to pop, do light shading or heaving shading on both sides of the crease (depending on how deep the crease is) then shade lightly in the middle part of the crease to add some depth and light (none of that made sense, sorry). Shading really depends on what kind of light the object is in.

I'm not good at explaining things, so sorry for the rough outline of the shading rule. Hope it helps a little though. Keep practicing. I suggest cubes or spheres to practice shading.

Are you kidding dudeman, Those pictures had perfect lighting AND shodowing! Hey, ShadowSong, I would want to compete with you in drawing some day! :D

P.s-Great drawings! Keep it up!

Anytime Kawaii. Just tell me when you are ready. I can start a drawing contest thread and members will tell us what to draw and who ever has the better drawing wins.

I look forward to that day. See ya :)

Naruto rocks and your pictures are great!
GL.png
Lugaario credit to KD

i forget his name XD XD but you draw like the creator!

YES, thats a GOOD thing. o_O

P.S.--the thing in your thread that says ur gaara is cool, ima try the test also.

Back