Finished Name That Team - R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team - R4

The only problem is the fighting type. We can guess the Normal and the Fire at once. If it is Wailord, then the last one is a fighting UU (Mienshao, Hitmontop and Machamp). I will try the typing:

Weaknesses

1 Electric
2 Fighting 1 Fighting
1 Fire
2 Flying 1 Flying
2 Grass 1 Grass
2 Ground 1 Ground
1 Psychic
2 Rock 1 Rock
1 Steel
2 Water 1 Water

Resistances

2 Bug 1 Bug
1 Dark
1 Fighting
3 Fire 2 Fighting
1 Flying
2 Grass 1 Grass
1 Ground
2 Ice
1 Normal
1 Poison
1 Rock
2 Steel
1 Water

Immunities

1 Ghost

Fighting, Water, Fire and Normal are the other ones without doubts. If we clear Wailord (or if the water isn't Milotic) it is going to be easy the rest. I will try the water guess:

PMJ we think this is your team:

Gigalith
Pinsir
Milotic
Wailord
Huntail
Luvdisc

That leaves 3 guesses and 3 Pokemon more to know.

All of your new guesses are wrong.

Three guesses remain.

Nengeni said:
PMJ said:
All of your new guesses are wrong.

Three guesses remain.

What about Gigalith and pinsir?

Gigalith and Pinsir are fine.

If we are on the right track, the water Pokemon is Gorebyss. We can guess Gorebyss, a fire and a normal and we would know both, the fire and the normal be it right or wrong. The major problem seems to be the fighting type. It is suppose to be a 4th Gen pokemon and UU. A pure fighting type in the 4th Gen and UU doesn't exist. For pure fighting types in UU are Mienshao, Hitmontop and Machamp. We could try and guess 1 of the three, 1 fire and 1 grass with Gorebyss. None of the fighting learn explosion nor are from the 4th Gen.

@Qwerty Ditto Its impossible because there is no Dark or Bug weakness.

All right, I messed up, so new round! Everything's all set up and with five immunities this round should be cake. Have fun!

Ground
Flash Fire
Flying/Levitate
Steel
Darkness
Ghost

That is for immunities

Weaknesses

1 Dark - Psychic/Ghost
1 Dragon - Dragon
2 Fighting- Normal/Darkness/Rock/Steel/Ice
3 Fire - Garss/Bug/Ice/Steel
1 Flying - Fighting/Grass/Bug
3 Ground - Steel/Fire/Rock/Elektric/Poison
1 Ghost - Ghost/Psychic
2 Ice - Dragon/Ground/Flying/Grass/Bug
1 Poison - Grass
1 Psychic - Fighting
2 Rock - Ice/Bug
1 Steel - Ice
2 Water - Fire/Rock/Ground

Resistances

2 Bug - Fighitng/Rock/Steel/Ghost/Flyging/Fire
3 Dark - Steel/Fighting/Dark
1 Dragon - Steel
2 Electric - Grass/Dragon
1 Fire - Fire/Water/Dragon
1 Flying - Rock/Steel
2 Ghost - Dark/
4 Grass - Steel/Dragon/Fire/Flyging/Bug
1 Ground - Bug/Grass
2 Ice - Steel/Fire
1 Normal - Rock/Steel
2 Poison - Rock/Ground/Poison
1 Psychic - Steel
2 Rock - Steel/Fighting
2 Steel - Water/Steel/Fire
2 Water - Grass/Water

EDIT: Heatran is very probable to be one of these ones and a Darkness (but there is no Bug weakness).

Darkness Pokemon without Bug weakness:

Honchkrow (UU)
Houndoom (UU)
Sableye (UU)
Spiritomb (RU)
Drapion (RU)
Skuntank (NU)
Scrafty (UU)
Pawniard (UU)
Mandibuzz (RU)
Tyranitar (OU/UU)

EDIT 2: Shaymin-S for Ubers? There are many that point towards Grass or Flying.

Oops I forgot an immunity, time to make it easier for you

Oops I forgot another immunity, time to rage quit the world

I feel that Gengar is on the team.
Immunity to Ground (Levitate), Fighting, Normal. Resistant to Poison, Grass, and Bug. Weak to Psychic, Ghost, and Dark.
I believe it is OU, so I think it fits.

Ghost type Pokemon too. Gengar can't be with Heatran. There are lots (if not all) of weaknesses and resistances for Heatran plus the Fire resistance and there is OU. Lets not forget the Dragon Pokeomon. Shaymin-S also covers the Ground immunity and it also seems to fit in.

Never, ever, eeeeeeeeever just randomly pick a pokemon that seems to fit. I can say for a fact that there is no Gengar, nor are there any Poison types at all (barring Drapion). For proof, observe the Poison weakness with the lack of Fighting resist and lack of Bug weakness. You should gain a confirmed member of the team that way.

Also, lack of Fighting resist is telling when compounded with lack of Electric weakness. You'll find it's not Shaymin, for starters.

My process has found that there is a loooooooooot of room for error in this one. It'll take a few guesses, despite the immunities.

I forgot the Fighting resistance :p. I was just giving out ideas (it doesn't have Electric Weakness though). So it is levitate or Flying/Normal or Flying/Darkness.

So... aaaaaaaanybody?

This one is actually possible to do in a single guess - two, if you're unlucky (like me). It takes a few cross-reference logic points; you have to know the qualities of the unknown type/ability holder and see how much would overlap - and what would have to be combined in order to become plausible.

There are no Fliers on the team. It's a Levitator. There are enough pokemon without immunities to make several immunities overlap on a single pokemon.

GO SOLVE PUZZLE GO

Levitators:

Gengar line
Weezing line
Unknown
Flygon and Vibrava
Mismagius line
Solrock and Lunatone
Claydol line
Lati twins
Chimecho/Chingling
Duskull
Bronzong line
Carnivine
Rotom (any form)
Pixies
Cresselia
Eelektross line
Cryogonal
Hydreigon
Giratina-O

Maybe Giratina-O? There is also a Ghost type. All weakness/resistances are above. That will also clear the Ubers tier.

Well. This is boring.

A Grass/Fighting is on the team. I'll give you that, because it took me about three days to get the rest even with a confirmed type.

Now pleaaaaaaaaase someone try solving it...

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Well. This is boring.

A Grass/Fighting is on the team. I'll give you that, because it took me about three days to get the rest even with a confirmed type.

The only Grass/Fighting is Virizion. That would clear the UU Tier. I thought about Chandelure but that would rule him out. Possible Flash Fire users left:

Ninetales
Heatran
Typhlosion
Entei

Flygon2071 said:
Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Well. This is boring.

The only Grass/Fighting is Virizion. That would clear the UU Tier. I thought about Chandelure but that would rule him out. Possible Flash Fire users left:

Ninetales
Heatran
Typhlosion
Entei

Breloom.

RE: Name That Team - R1

Astra said:
Yay this game.

Our second Steel-type is probably either Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn, Scizor or Genesect (this one would satisfy the Uber requirement). Them and Skarmory are the only Steels that have a resistance or immunity to, but it can't be Skarmory due to a lack of electric weaknesses. I'm leaning more towards Ferrothorn than the Bug/Steels due to the 3 Water Resistances and the 3 Fighting Weaknesses.

bacon's statement about Hydreigon looks really accurate, so I'm inclined to believe it's on the team.

You said ferrothorn twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back