My weekend report, GAME OVER.

Seth1789110

Skipping the unpleasant stuff that no one wins...Playing Sableye Garchomp Blaziken with one tech Reshi.

So day 1 is at the Source. 5 rounds, cut to top 4. Here we go...

Round 1: VS Machamp/Donphan.

I start Roserade, special dark, turn. Top collector, grab Q, Sableye, Bat, retreat, donk his lone Machamp.
1-0.

Round 2: VS Lostgar w/ Mime Jr.

I start Reshi, drop bat, double, KO Mime Jr. He doesn't do damage, and I do A LOT OF IT. Simple enough, right? Yeah. I win.
2-0

Round 3: VS Magnezone.

I've played Nick(my opponent a few times). We start to play, and I jump ahead in prizes really quickly, taking 3 with Sableye. He starts to pull back and I'm running outta resources fast. I desperate Judge a few times, and eventually start hurling Garchomps at him in hopes to put damage on the zones. Turns out that he tops the electric he needs to win, and we check and see that my next top would have net me the premier ball needed to recover the X and snipe for game. However, this wouldn't be the first time we would smash heads that day...
2-1

Round 4: VS...Groudon/Kyogre legend + Kyogre LA + Donphan.

So, its against my friend Sudi. He always plays weird decks. This is a prime example. He either mills his opponents deck with a possibility of spreading TONS of damage, or he mills his in attempts to kill giant tanks. He also runs Donphan, presumably, for Machamp. So we start out going, and I jump ahead in prizes. I let him set up a Donphan as I kill off everything hiding behind it. Crucial play happens when I Luring Flame up his GKL. It has 2 damage on it from Earthquakes, and so he ends up attack, and keeping the thing active. In doing so, he takes another 20 from a lucky burn flip and I proceed to let loose a vicious Jet Shoot as I secure victory and take my last 2 prizes. GG man. I was incredibly scared this entire game as I had NO idea what his deck did and if I was playing right. Apparently, Luring Flame is a cure all to any deck...
3-1.

Round 5: VS...Tyranitar.

He starts Larvitar. Sableye+Special dark = 4-1.
4-1.

So I slide into top at 2nd seed.

Top 4: VS Scavenger(stupid name...) AKA Mandibuzz Kingdra.

Game 1: I set up lightning fast and start to steam(har har, fire/water pun) through her. She cant attack with Kingdra because I have fire pokemon, so I let Blaziken and Reshi take the back seat as Garchomp delivers a vicious torrent of Dragon Rushes and Earthquakes.
1-0.

Game 2: Pretty much an exact repeat of Game 1, except I get an ever better start(like it was possible), and she gets a slightly worse start. In Game 2, she realizes that she needs to throw everything she has at me in an attempt to grab prizes. She cant even kill me with Kingdra on a Blaziken that just used Jet Shoot. She puts up a good fight, but I keep smashing any hopes of victory into the ground. Game. Over.
2-0, onto top 2!

Top 2: VS Magnezone.

Yeah, it's Nick again. I told you we would see each other again. Here we go. I'm back with a vengeance.

Game 1: So this is a long game. I get off a quick two prizes, but that makes no difference. I'm dropping Garchomps here and there on Regis and stuff. Essentially, the prize count is this. Its 2-3. I've killed 2 tomb and 2 regirock. He kills my active Garchomp CX, making it 2-2. I know that I only run 1 Aarons. My choices for Aarons are either: A) my 1 Psychic energy for a Promocroak play, B) My lone Garchomp CX(didn't see premier ball at all here this game), or C) A Blaze FB basic for some epic stall plays. I end up grabbing Chomp CX and the psychic. To kill my Garchomp X, he had to drop belt. He's at 3 damage, with 130 left. I send up Promocroak and hit him for 60 and poison. He's at 100 damage now. He uses Super Conductivity, he's at 110. Its my turn now. I haven't used a single Poketurn this ENTIRE game. So I go...turn turn turn turn pass. A belted Magnezone dies and I win game 1.
1-0

Game 2: Game 2 plays out the same, but I obviously cant pull off the turn plays. So, its pretty intense, but it comes down to 30+3. Its his turn, and its 30+3 of it, and he's at turn 1. He has like 6 cards in his hand and 2 in the deck. He plays a bunch of cards...and plays Judge. He shuffles and realizes he will draw his entire deck. Sure, he can take a kill and have 1 prize left. And then I can draw. And then I can say pass. And then I win. So he scoops.
2-0.

So I snag the victory medal. Onto day 2!

~~

So I decide I'm playing the same thing, with 3 changes. I dropped the Reshi, the Initiative, and something else. Instead, I put in another Aarons, a third Spray, and something stupid. Idk.

Round 1: VS...??

I cant remember this game either. Really, I cant.
1-0.

Round 2: VS...Wailord...

Yeah. I've got fire. And he's got a belted Wailord. So I throw pokemon at him until he dies. And then he has a lone Poliwag. And then I win.
2-0.

Round 3: Magnezone.

It's Nick again. Yeah, he probably wants revenge. And sure enough, I don't let him have it. I end up taking 3 prizes with a Blaziken, and then I just take the last 3 with Garchomps. Its pretty much an easy win for me.
3-0.

Round 4: VS Serperior/Tangrowth.

I have Blaziken. He is grass. 'Nuff said.
4-0.

Round 5: VS Luxchomp.

He gets off pretty bad(starts Bronzong), and I don't. I spray a Uxie for 4. Then I spray a Galactic Switch. Then I spray a Uxie for 6. The only prize he gets is off a Flash Impact on a Sableye. I win EASILY.
5-0.

Top 4: VS Mewbox.

Game 1: Its all about who takes the first prize. And I take it. So he scoops and saves time for the other games.
1-0

Game 2: He gets off faster than I do and takes the first 2 prizes, but I start to pulling it back. At the single turn he passes, and I prepare to play twins and tie it, but he tops to grab 2 Mews. He has 2 prizes left so he can just Take Out Take Out for game. I scoop.
1-1.

Game 3: I start bat, twins, spray, spray, double, dark, fire. I go first. Top fire. Attach. Pass. Second turn, top psychic. He Absol's me for 80. GG.
1-2.

So, combined, I went a total of 9-2 that weekend. All right, very nice!

How does a tournament cut to Top 5? Is there a bye involved? lol

dmaster out.

Congrats on winning Day 1 and almost day 2. Thanks for sharing the list with me also. Surprisingly, I also won with it XD.

Back